Hosting group in Fort Myers Florida

Sky13
Level 10
United States

Hosting group in Fort Myers Florida

Hello,

I am a new host in Fort Myers Florida and would love to connect with other hosts here in the area! 

Please post here for local happenings, support, and friendship.

Thank you!

31 Replies 31
Gabriela597
Level 2
Washington, DC

I am fairly new to this and wondering if you have any recommendations for someone starting out?

Thanks!

Put little touches in your space 

I go to dollar tree and buy shampoo, toothbrushes and sunblock in case my guest forgot them 

it has been a guest pleaser and help my rating 

Steven614
Level 4
West Palm Beach, FL

Hey I’m Steve in west palm. I’m new to this as well. On my 3rd week. Every night I didn’t block has booked. Very guest except tha bad one left 5 stars for me and I did this on a whim because I’ve got a 3 bedroom home. Just doing it with one bedroom and the guest bath shared  which I am still improving the room.  I just ordered a nice glass top desk and office chair for the room and a new comforter set to make the bed look nicer.  That will check off the office check and the home is brand new and while I think I should have kept my older pool home in Port St. Lucie this one is near the airport and more ppl I think are looking to go to west palm.  

Gabriela597
Level 2
Washington, DC

Did you notice if you are now getting credit for the work collection? if you did, how lond did it take you to get that designation?

Gabriela597
Level 2
Washington, DC

I will be in Fort Myers at the end of April. Maybe we could meet for coffee?

Rae43
Level 2
Fort Myers, FL

I’m 4 months into hosting and have 5 star ratings 

my issue is I only want to rent part time therefore it takes longer to get to super host status 

patience is the key I think ?

As long as my reviews come in at 5 star and my price is reasonable I feel I will get the bookings when my space is open 

Rae43
Level 2
Fort Myers, FL

Hello everyone ! 

I would love to meet up and talk 

are season is coming to an end and I would love to meet and get tips and support !

i don’t know where everyone is located but Miller ale house on colonial has a nice atmosphere 

im open any evening after 6pm please let me know if any of you would like to get together to share 

Sounds Cool.  Would love to meet up

Evelyn86
Level 3
New York, NY

Hi. Wondering if anyone in fort Myers knows of a host with a recreation or party room in the condo complex to have my daughters baby shower in. Of course I will rent the condo but would not do the baby shower in it. I have a small house in fort Myers, but it's on a main road with only parking in my driveway. Looking to throw shower in July. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I will be in fort Myers again in mid june.

Rae43
Level 2
Fort Myers, FL

Lakes park has area they rent with tables chairs and shelter 

Cathy559
Level 2
Punta Gorda, FL

I have an RV that I am hosting in North Fort Myers. Would love to connect.

Margie93
Level 2
Cape Coral, FL

Hi, I am in Cape Coral and I am new at cohosting.  This is pretty cool.  I am looking for more homes to manage.  I am also a real estate agent at Innova Real Estate Corp. in the Cape.  Tell me about your experiences.  

Hi Margie. We are interested in chatting with you regarding a potential property we are considering for Airbnb 

please send  email address. To 

tfreeman@ameri-connect.com

thsnks 

Has anyone been to a AirBNB host meetup group?  I like this forum, but there are so many unanswered questions.  My wife and I have been hosts for 3 years.  We have a lot of wisdom to share and we are still struggling with some issues with our vacation rental, mainly loud renters outside after our 10pm quiet hours, sometimes until 1-2am.  The common denominator is alcohol and they are non-family renters.  They always assure us they will abide by our strict quiet hours.  But then they seem to forget it.  We have been reacting to neighbor complaints in the middle of the night.  Or sometimes the next day.  But we want to be pro-active.  Another issue is people wanting to host small weddings, birthday parties, and other events.  We love family gatherings.  But some of them think that they can have loud music and dancing until late.  Again, the bad guests are usually drunk.  Anybody else struggling with this?

Hi @Mike-And-Karen1 ,

We had a few questions for you since your a seasoned airBNBer.  Would love to pick your brains.