Hosting has allowed me to not just survive, but to actually thrive.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Hosting has allowed me to not just survive, but to actually thrive.

IMG_1826.jpg

I wonder what Nancy is up to now

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Great photo, @Inna22 What indeed is Nancy up to. Hopefully she found a more secure line of work before this all came down.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Inna22 

Hey great to see your animated face in the host sessions! And I loved your input, well done!

Poor old Nancy, very sad story I am afraid. She thought this magic carpet ride would never come to an end. She believed Rahm Emanuel when he told her all those Airbnb restrictions, registrations, hotels accommodation tax and on and on were for her own good....they would weed out the 'bad element'! And she also believed she had Mr Chesky and partners in her corner telling her they had her back covered and keeping her not just surviving....but thriving.

Inna, a good friend of mine has told me, she last saw Nancy in a station on the Chicago Transit Authority 'Orange Line' doing toilet duty in her struggle to make ends meet. She was good enough to take a photo and forward it on to me........

pg-32-peepee-lady-corbis.jpg

Poor old Nancy, Inna, all that glitters is not gold!

Stay safe possum!

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4 you know all the Chicago inside scoop! Have you been?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Inna22 

Unfortunately no Inna, but I couldn't let your post go without having a bit of fun.

We are all worried about you over there in the US! This Covid thing seems to be totally out of control. I just hope you can stay safe and come out the other side.

I think we have perhaps gone the other way here and our blanket protectionism where no more than two people (outside of families) can associate together and borders are sealed have seen us get on top of this. 

As of the time of this post this is how we stand in our state......

S.A current as of April 6.png

In a state of 1.5 million people we had 1 new case today and we have not had any deaths.

It may all change for the worse again tomorrow but, at the moment things look promising for us and I  just wish everyone else could have the same speedy recovery.

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4 that is fantastic! After the fires you truly deserve a fast turn around