Hosting - how do you check on your potential guests?

Bina3
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

Hosting - how do you check on your potential guests?

Hi seasoned host

I am a "baby host" - one day old and got a booking.

Am trying to check on profile of my potential guests - no I haven't said yes - slow and steady Eddy

All I can see is "Hi I am xxx"! when I click on their profile. Their room may or may not have a air bnb a/c.

I am being very fussy about who I allow into my home so seeking soem help and guidance on how I get some sort of background check. No I haven't asked for reviews from other hosts.

Also I like to charge a higher rate on NYE but can't seem to find the function to high light that.

Can someone plse help me? Preferably from Syd or Oz.

Thanks heaps

2 Replies 2
Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

You might want to snooze your listing while you work out the details of the site otherwise you will end up with bookings you didn't want.

You currently have instant book on.

You can change price per night by simply going to the calendar and clicking on the day and changing the rate. You really need to get to grips with the basics and understand things around cancellation policies, discrimination etc etc before you set your listing to active.

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Since you said you fussy I think you should consider being a host because you will get all kinds of people diffent lifestyle