Hosting in Baltimore, maryland

Sosena0
Level 2
Baltimore, MD

Hosting in Baltimore, maryland

Hello,

Is there a Baltimore/DC region Airbnb hosts meetup group?

I have been a host for the past 6 months and I love it and would enjoy sharing experiences with others.

Cheers,

Sosean

44 Replies 44

Hey and welcome, @Judi--And-Michael-0. I saw your listing wasn't yet live. How is your progress on getting this set up?

If you need some technical tips (i.e. about automation, insights based on my experiences as a guest and talking to hosts, managment, any workarounds and new developments you might be able to utilize in the area), please reach out. I'd like to support you and collaborate. 

All the best!

Hi Judi-Have you started hosting yet?  Wondering if you are interested in having a co-host that is local.  I own a home and host it.  And am looking to partner with some others.  Let me know if you are interested.  I live in Fells Point.

Barbara

Tony262
Level 1
Linthicum Heights, MD

Just started just outside of Baltimore,Maryland in Linthicum Heights by the airport and enjoying it. Would like to hear other experiences and get feed back from/new host etc 

Lindsey77
Level 1
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Looking for a host in Station North

pls reply to [Email address hidden]

Sandra924
Level 3
Maryland, United States

Hi Tony and all the best to you in your hosting endeavors. If you need specific recommendations about managing the listing, particularly automation and streamlining to offload the workload as you get more bookings, please reach out.

I have also come across plenty of resources and people in this community have much to share in the same regards about ways to make hosting seamless, easier and more beneficial overall.

After some time, I do suggest you consider a co-host. They can take care of so much more so that you don't even have to worry about "managing the mangers" so to speak.

Hi Sandra,

Would love to hear a few tips about hosting. Are you available via email or phone to talk?

Please let me know, thanks

Sosena  

Tony,

I am looking at starting an Air BNB in the Linthicum Heights area and was hoping to do some market research before moving forward with furnishing the space. Essentially I'm trying to determine the rentability of a basement studio: separate entrace, small fenced spot for pets to relieve themselves, keyless entry, mini fridge, coffee maker, microwave, tv, two queen day beds with twin trundles (sleeps four), small kid play area, and a 3/4 bath with a shower. Its going to cost $3000 to fit the space out properly and I want to make sure there is a market to rent out here. What has your experience been like?

Thanks!

Danielle

Hello all! 

We have a relatively active group of hosts here in Baltimore that has been meeting together sporadically since 2015.

You can find us on the "book of Face" as Baltimore Airbnb Hosts. However, we  try to restrict it to people who are actively hosting here in Baltimore. 

We also have a Facebook group page (I am one of the admins) and we have started a new group to specifically address the pending city legislation that would shut down most rentals.  That group is open to anyone who is a host, guest, local business or just interested in supporting our efforts to keep STR hosts in business. And we welcome new members!

You can find us on Facebook as Baltimore Hosts Coalition.

Thanks and we look forward to having all of you join us!

Sosena0
Level 2
Baltimore, MD

Hi Rachel,

I am responding to a very old email of yours - I have been a host for many years and got real busy in the summer during the discussion for change in bylaws in Baltimore.

Where is the best place to get updates on new laws- I am not on FB? Does the B'more group meet regularly?

Thanks, 

Sosena 

Amanda1028
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

Hi, 

I am ready to start hosting here in Bmore. I have an upstairs apartment with a kitchenette. I live in my home 100% of the time and I will just be renting a few rooms. The rental will have a shared entrance with me and it will have a kitchenette, but the main kitchen will be shared.

I have scoured the internet for a clear idea of whether I need an inspection and license to operate. I cant find anything that tell me exactly what I need to do. I am hoping someone here can lend me some expertise. 

Do I need to get my house inspected? Do I need to register with the city? 

Thanks, guys!

Julian340
Level 2
Oxon Hill, MD

We actually started a local meetup group in the DC area for those that are interested. https://www.meetup.com/STRMastermind/

Amanda1040
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I have just created a meetup group for Airbnb hosts in Maryland here: https://www.meetup.com/Greater-Maryland-Airbnb-Hosts-Meetup-Group

We can connect and share experiences, stories and resources.  I hope you will join me!

I'm no longer in Los Angeles but it says I am! I'm in the Towson/Lutherville area. 

Savvy0
Level 2
New York, NY

I am interested in becoming your co-host on Airbnb. I currently superhost 3 properties and a co-host for 2 others. I specialize in temporary short terms stays. I am available during the day when host can not quickly reply to guest inquiries, screen applicants, and can assist with check out cleanings. Furthermore, I can leave great reviews and reply to every guest review  with a positive message.

I look forward to hosting with you! I am also a NY native so I don't sleep 😊

Goals: Responding in a NY minute

Airbnb host references and reviews available

Savvy 

**[Advertisement removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

We have a local group here in Baltimore City for Airbnb Hosts in the city started in 2014. We have been negotiating with the city on the legislation initially and the regulations  since its passage last year. Everyone is welcome. 

You can find us on Facebook Baltimore Hosts Coalition