Hosting in Baltimore, maryland

Sosena0
Level 2
Baltimore, MD

Hosting in Baltimore, maryland

Hello,

Is there a Baltimore/DC region Airbnb hosts meetup group?

I have been a host for the past 6 months and I love it and would enjoy sharing experiences with others.

Cheers,

Sosean

44 Replies 44
Edward38
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

May be it time to start one if there is none out there already
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hi @Sosena0  In the Community Center the drop down menu under "Discuss" lists the Home Sharing Clubs.  After you select, scroll down to see all Host Clubs.  

Thanks Linda!

HI @Sosena0 in case you hadn't heard... The Baltimore City Council committee hearing for the Airbnb Bill (which will shut down any hosts who don't reside in their home with the guests)  and seriously impact all other hosts here in the city is scheduled for 1030 am on Thursday, July 19 at City Hall. We need everyone to attend and testify! This may be our only public hearing an opportunity to speak.  We're having a planning meeting this Thursday night at 6 p.m. at my house. Let me know if you're able to attend either one!

Hi I’m new to the hosting scene

@Bmore-At-Home-Properties0  Hello! Annapolis, MD is currently dealing with anti-Airbnb legislation, but it hasn't passed yet. I see in Baltimore that the law passed that only owner-occupied Airbnbs are allowed, and those Airbnbs must be licensed. Do you know if that license will require a home inspection? Will you share with me what the fall out from passing that law has been and when it takes effect?

We are trying with all our might to fight a similar law in Annapolis. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Sosena,

I am just getting started with AirBNB and would lov eto speak with someone with some experience.  Coffee some time?

Jeff Ott - *

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Sent Message']

did you get any responses?  I am in the same situation but live in Baltimore County.  I wish there was a meet up group...

Joanne

James1136
Level 2
New York, United States

Another newbie here. Keep me posted. 

responding to a very old thread-have been traveling a lot.

I am going to have to catch up with the new tax laws etc- any updates would be most appreciated.

Best,

Sosena 

I also live in Baltimore County (Essex).

Margaret95
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

Hi Sosena, 

I just listed my house yesterday and would love to talk to someone with more experience.  I was also looking for a meetup group in Balto.  Could you tell in what neighborhood your listing is?  I am in Roland Park -- Baltimore City.

Thanks,

Peggy

Hello,

So would I. I have questions and reached out to two host, but they did not respond to me.

Hi Retta, give me a call too. Maybe we can to a conference call! 😉

Ania