Hosting in Lagos Nigeria

Sandra1067
Level 2
Lagos, Nigeria

Hosting in Lagos Nigeria

Hi all,

I've been hosting in Lagos now for almost 2 years. I love hosting in Nigeria but it can be quite challenging at times. I've seen that there are a lot of hosts on the platform but most discussions are only about the payment methods. I think it will be helpful to have a general discussion where we can share tips and tricks/answer questions about hosting in Nigeria. How do you deal with water, electricity, fumigation and getting the feeling like there is always one thing or the other breaking down (gen, AC, water heater, internet etc.)? Would love to hear from you!

21 Replies 21
Nonie8
Level 2
Lagos, Nigeria

Hi there @Sandra1067 ,

Very commendable thoughts you've shared. Would be glad to connect with you. I am equally a host in the Oniru axis and hope we can connect with other hosts around Lagos soon.

Hi .... I'm considering becoming a host in Surulere very soon. Would be nice to get tips on what it's like especially on the mainland

@John5197  Good to hear. start don't procrastinate. you are good to go. with time, you will get used to  the challenges being faced in the rental industry.

wish you best.

Note: If you know anyone who is akready doing short rental arbitrage and such person does not have time to manage it on their own, do not hesitate to let me know. I will do that on their behalf with exchange for some percentages,

thanks.

Ola.

Hi Ola,

Please kindly reach me on 08060839088 for further discussions.

Thanks.

Emmanuel 

My name is Dola,  I am setting  up  a short  term rentals at  Ijaiye Jankara,  Ojokoro   any advise for me

Lukman2
Level 2
Lagos, Nigeria

@Sandra1067@Nonie8 @John5197 @Olayinka4 Good day. Happy People, I'm new to hosting Community.

The most practical solution for countrywide electricity access is the combination of centralized and decentralized power systems. These solutions would ideally provide an uninterrupted power supply, have cheap operating costs, and be environmentally clean.

There’s extensive literature on the energy solutions that could provide a reliable power supply. But most of it has focused on small-scale systems such as solar power for rural homes. There is still a need for power in urban areas, not just for lighting homes but for powering commercial and industrial operations.

The hybrid system can help Nigeria address its triple challenge of unreliable power supply, pollution, and the economic cost of electricity to businesses and households. But for such a solution to power residential areas and communities from its excess energy, the government would have to create an enabling environment.

Nonie8
Level 2
Lagos, Nigeria

Hi @Lukman2  ,

Good options you have there. How do you plan to supplement electricity consumption for your guests considering the unpredictability of EKEDC?

@Sandra1067 @Olayinka4 

@John5197  How have you fared so far? Did you eventually start hosting in Surulere?

I'm new, I don't own a property yet, but want to manage some other people's property.

What and what do I need to start with. 

Thanks @Sandra1067 @Nonie8 @Lukman2 

Hi Daniel,

Please kindly reach me on 08060839088 for further discussions.

Thanks.

Emmanuel 

@Sandra1067 @Olayinka4 @Nonie8 @ everyone. I was searching and found this community. It appears most people here are on the Island, though. I'm in Magodo 2. I joined Airbnb in 2018 and I'm very circumspect of requests. One cannot be too careful. Is there anyone knowledgeable about state government regulations concerning our line of business. I'm very much interested. Thank you all. NB. Many beautiful photos of your properties! Bravo! I need to retake mine! 

Anybody needs help in hosting? I can help

Hi Chuks,

Please kindly ** for further discussions.

Thanks.

Emmanuel 

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

My name is Dola ,   I need help in hosting at Ijaiye  Jankara, Ojokoro, Lagos State

Mary5416
Level 2
Lekki/Ikate And Environs, Nigeria

Hello chucks…good morning,my name is Mary and yes I wouldn’t mind you helping me host