Hosting in Manatee County Fl

Christina355
Level 7
Bradenton, FL

Hosting in Manatee County Fl

Just wondering if there are any other hosts out there in Manatee County Florida? I just got a nasty letter from the county including a print out of my Airbnb listing and I wanted to see if anyone else got one too. On the print out I could see other tabs open on their browser with other Airbnb listings up. I was planning to stop hosting (I really love it but am just too busy to keep up with it), while honoring my remaining guests but this letter from the county just makes me want to continue hosting just to spite them. 

Has anyone else received a letter from the county siting ordinances, etc? How did you handle it? 

3 Replies 3
Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Christina355: We are in Sarasota but when we first started hosting in 2015 we received a letter from the city about our listing. Airbnb and Sarasota have since come to an agreement so we haven't seen or heard anything since. You might want to check this article out. Sounds like people in Manatee County are throwing the same hissy fit Sarasota threw a couple years ago.

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/article210204334.html

Thanks so much for that article! Airbnb makes it sound like they are collecting and remitting the taxes for me, but I guess not the tourist tax for Manatee 😞 

That is correct. Prior to Airbnb striking a deal with Sarasota I had to submit the tourism tax myself.