Hosting in Montreal: fall, winter and spring

Camille261
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Hosting in Montreal: fall, winter and spring

Hello fellow hosties!
Can any Montreal hosts provide me some information on what the occupancy rate is like in the from fall to spring? I've just started air bnb and I love it but I need it to be able to afford rent! Do your air bnb requests drop drastically in the winter? Thanks

5 Replies 5
Kim87
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

Hi Camille,

i rent a full apartment in Montréal since 2016. June/july/august/september are almost always 100 % booked. October to may is 70-90% occupancy, depending on the years and my luck (i've had a lady who rented my place to full months in october/november, for example). Worst months for me are always november, feburary and march. Of course l also lower my prices during low season so the income is not the same but overall it's worth it.

Thanks Kim this is so helpful!!

Hello, Kim is totally right, but September is definitely slower! 

Hello Kim,

Thanks for sharing your experience. 

What about the month of December with the Christmas season in place? Would you say that it's a busy or a quiet time for hosts? 

Best,

Bonnie

you could contact me * for managment

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']