Hosting in New Orleans-- worth it?

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Hosting in New Orleans-- worth it?

Curious to hear from other hosts in New Orleans. 

We have an opportunity to buy a condo in the city. We used to live there and are very familiar with the neighborhoods, culture etc. 

I want to use this SOLELY for us-- friends and family can stay but not open it up to strangers. if I did rent it, I would do 4-6 month leases and not through a platform like ABB. Husband thinks its not viable to pay for this without offsetting some costs by doing STR periodically.  If that is really true (which we debate) we could absolutely wait to purchase and save more $$ IMHO.

Its far away, the city attracts certain partying tourists and you need an STR license which seems to be difficult to get from what I hear.  Is it worth doing STR in New Orleans especially remotely?

2 Replies 2
Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Just bumping in case some NOLA hosts want to chime in 🙂

Hello

New to Air BNB, its been a few months. I love it. STR is a good option, but I would consider purchasing in area close to downtown where you can Air Bnb. And the process for licensing is not too difficult. You must have a great cleaning team to manage for you. Reach out to me if you have any other questions.