Heyy everyone 

i been meaning to start my first hosting but I’m getting no requests 

kindly help...

23 Replies 23
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Alanood0  I hope you are well!

There is a lot of work for you to do on your listing before a guest would think about booking:

-add more pictures: currently you only have 1. Guests want to see multiple pictures of bedrooms/beds/bathrooms

-add more text to the body of your listing- you only have 1 sentance so far. Tell guests about the room, the bed, what the area is like, what staying with you will be like! If you're offering breakfast tell guests what you will serve them.

-are you offering a private bedroom? The listing says it's a super king bed in a common area. If it's a private bedroom and you have 2 full bathrooms then dedicate one to your private room, this will be more attractive to guests than a shared one.

-add more detail to your profile, it is sparse- you need to create a sense of trust with your guests

-work on your stats, your response rate is 50% and time is within a day- ideally you want a 100% response rate within an hour so guests know you are active and responsive.

-update your house rules, currently you have 0.

-pricing: you are listed at £397 per night! I don't know your market but you may have made an error here?

Best wishes

Paul.

Heyy paul 

thanks a lot for ur advice i will start working on that,

didn’t quite understand what u meant about the price is it too low or high?! 

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Alanood0 

It sounds very high to me for a private room. For your nightly price you could get a luxurious home in central London with multiple bedrooms! I would do some searches for private room listings in your area to give you an idea of how to price, and then maybe price slightly lower than local hosts to give you an edge and a reason for guests to pick your new listing over more established ones. After some reviews and guests you can then gradually increase your price.

I just saw what ur talking about paul but it’s a mistake because actually the price i placed is 250jd which’s nth compared to what i’m offering 

And just corrected the mistake 

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Alanood0  I thought would be a mistake! Well done for taking everyone's advice on board and making some positive changes which I am sure will help get you booked soon 🙂

Make sure to let us know when you get your first booking in!

Thanks a lot paul for ur help 

i really wish so 

thanks a lot for time 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Alanood0 

You can check the amount of views in your statistics.

Some comments on your listing:

- It has very limited description

- It has only 1 picture, showing the bed in the room.

- I says only 1 guest can stay (allthough sleeping facilities show double bed), but price is Euro 446,- per night ! No weekly or monthly discount.

Maybe make the listing more attractive.

Best regards,

Emiel

Heyy Emiel 

The bed is really big it’s enough for two ppl and i can’t defend about the pictures thing i will start to work on it tomorrow i still didn’t get the price issue because it’s low looking to the prices in market in jordan 

thanks a lot for ur reply 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Alanood0 when I check the listings in your area there are entire villas for 200-300€ with pools and many amenities and you rent a room for 446€ per night, I believe you are very overpriced. 

Heyy ana 

yeah i actually didn’t pay attention to the pricing thing 🤦🏼‍♀️ Because i didn’t understand the app much i’m still  learning thanks a lot ana but believe me i’m not that horrible person 😂

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Alanood0 

As you can see almost everybody in this thread is wondering about the high price.

Euro 446,- per night (for 1 person only) seems to me very high, even in your market.

And if you can accommodate 2 guests, then change the max. amount of guests to two !

The price i placed was 250jd 

i didn’t pay attention to that 500dolr 

just changed it thanks 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Alanood0 now your price is 379€ per night, it is still too high in my opinion. But don't feel pressured by the options here, you can price your room whichever way you want 🙂 

Hmm🤔 250jd btw is nth in the market 

have u been to jordan before?!