Hosting in the US while living abroad.

Bobby52
Level 2
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

Hosting in the US while living abroad.

Hi everyone, we are considering opening up our house in Seattle to AirBnB; however, we live in Luxembourg, in Europe. I’m hoping to find some resources and/or tips or even people to say that managing a property while abroad is a great idea/terrible idea.

Currently, we rented our house out since we moved abroad, but the tenants are looking to buy a home of their own and we are exploring options and researching. AirBnB being one of them. 

Does anyone have any pros/cons to share? Thanks for your time! 

4 Replies 4
Elizabeth429
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

Hello there @Bobby52,

Nothing wrong with hosting from abroad. But you will definitely need someone you can trust to co-host with you. Someone who is willing to do the check in/check out, cleaning, take care of the guest´s needs, supplies, etc. It is utterly necessary to have some sort of resources available in case of any incident, problems, etc. And since you are not onsite, a co-host is the answer.

Good luck!!

Bobby52
Level 2
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

Thank you for the input! 

Paulo48
Level 2
Luxembourg, Luxembourg

Hi Bobby,

I also live in Luxembourg and I have a superhost profile with an apartment I rent in Madeira.

2 key points for the success:

1 - Myself: I manage everything related with the reservation process. I am quick to answer, I speak/write in several languages. I think I am nice and helpful. Before and during the stay.

2 - Have someone in place in who you can trust. My brother in law lives in Madeira. He is my co host. He is responsible for receiving the guests, keys delivery and manage the cleaning service. Of course he is paid for that. 

Cheers,

Paulo

Anujh0
Level 1
Stone Mountain, GA

Hey Guys I live in USA Iam building my house in Fiji Islands . I want to know  if anyone can help me to understand the the process of being a host while i live in USA .

How my money will come in account 

Do I have to have a local Fiji account or My Usa  account will be satisfied .

Please help me