Hosting laws in Rajasthan, India

Jai2
Level 2
New Delhi, India

Hosting laws in Rajasthan, India

Hi, 

I want to host a property in Rajasthan and want to know what are the legal requirements for me to be able to do so legally. 

Regards

Jai

4 Replies 4

@Jai2 - the hosting laws are local to your area so you should contact local authorities.  Airbnb's terms and conditions indicate that you must be in compliance with whatever governance applies to you in your apartment, town, provence, country or any laws limiting US involvement there - this includes paying taxes, getting licenses, or being limited on number of days to rent.  The Internet will definitely help you get to the right people locally to ask.  

Airbnb can't really leave it to hosts to figure out the local laws. If it is doing business in different economies, it is its duty to understand the law and prepare manual for educating hosts.  

@Rajeev2 - I disagree.  Airbnb is a web-hosting service.  The properties you view there are listed by the hosts.  Airbnb is not "doing business" in those properties - the host is doing business and using Airbnb as a platform to advertise their business.  Airbnb's duty to the law is extends only as far as it applies to them as a corporate American online company - not much different than Amazon, Craig's List, or Expedia.  They do not own the property being listed on their site and therefore cannot POSSIBLY know each and every nuance, law, policy, or covenant that applies to that individual property since they bear absolutely NO relationship to the property itself.   How would Airbnb know that the host lives in an Apartment complex that does not allow subletting on Airbnb?  They did not sign the lease. This is why the host/owner needs to educate themselves and follow the laws that apply to them and their business.

Hussain17
Level 1
Udaipur, IN

I would like to know as well.