Hosting metrics

Keith205
Level 1
Emeryville, CA

Hosting metrics

I've been told by AIRBNB that my acceptance rate is too low. It's at 56 percent. I host frequently but my acceptance rate is low because I often decline SINGLE nights. I'd like to be able to accomodate them sometimes, at my discretion but it seems that would jeoparize my ability to keep hosting. I've now set my minimum stay to 2 nights which means I can now NEVER book single nights.

There are many circumstances related to when and how I choose to book. The room I list is the guest room/guest bath of the home I own and live in. Sometimes I have personal friends staying, sometimes I'm traveling. Sometimes I may be away when a guest leaves and am therefore not able to change the room out for a guest who might want to come while I'm away. I don't hire someone to come in and do that. Sometimes I might simply want time in my house without guests for various personal reasons.

I'm a superhost and I like doing AIRBNB. I have hosted A LOT and I think the acceptance metric is misleading if you look at the actual number of days I book. I don't like the feeling of being strong armed about how I'm using my own house. Any comments, suggestions or feed back will be greatly appreciated.

0 Replies 0