Hosting to same gender in shared residence

Alison813
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hosting to same gender in shared residence

Hi 

I am renting out a room in my personal residence where I live alone. I understand from the Nondiscrimination Policy that I am allowed to state that I will rent to women only. 

I would like some tips on the best way to indicate this in my description.

I'm also wondering what the best response is to the men who do request a booking? I feel incredibly awkward about this and would very much appreciate some advice on how to keep myself safe while not insulting/offending people who are making inquiries.

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Alison813   I have seen a number of posts about the same issue on this forum, so perhaps you would benefit from searching CC.  One idea for helping to narrow down your potential guests is to add to your listing title.  Perhaps, "women only cozy room" or something like that.  You might still get inquiries but you can refer to the title of your listing in your response.  Hope this helps a little.  Linda

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Alison813  I would put it at the top of the description.

PLEASE NOTE: This home-share listing is available for female guests only.

If a guy tries to book, just politely say that you're sorry, but you only accept female guests in your home-share and that that information is found in the first line of your description. If they respond in a nasty way, don't answer, just report them to Airbnb.

I would also not use IB.

Also change the title of your listing to work in "Female-Only"