Hosting

Georgie10
Level 2
St. Peter, Jersey

Hosting

Can I suggest in these covid times we are given the names of the other guest/ guests and not just the person booking. I had the government knocking on my door asking for Mr ????? II didnt know this name. yet my address had been used I can only think it was a previous ladies partner who’s name wasnt given maybe this should be mandatory? So track and trace can find these people.

9 Replies 9
Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Absolutely. And its Policy. During the chat prior to acceptance or as part of the process ask for full names of all the Guests. You require this to ensure that everyone is insured !

Totally I’m going to put it as a house rule from here on. Airbnb seem to favour the guest rather than the host. 

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Georgie10 I find it highly annoying that Airbnb collects this info from guests, but does not share it with hosts. You can make it a house rule that the full names of all guests be supplied directly to you. Prepare to have to chase the info, as 99% of guests do not read a listing's unique house rules. 

I cannot believe how many dont read the listing in full. They just see the price! Total disregard to rules, one of mine is no candles yet when I go to clean the remnants of candles are there to be seen!! 

@Georgie10 To be fair to guests, the way Airbnb have the rules displayed doesn’t invite perusal. The banner reads “This host doesn’t allow pets parties or smoking (click for details). Would you think you need more details? Sounds pretty clear to me. No one has any idea there is completely new info behind that link. 

And at booking, the same info is hidden at the very bottom of the page, behind a tiny ‘fine print’ link. Even worse. 

They are all leading questions but in favour of the guest. I’m reconsidering my listing which is a shame. I’ve just changed my house rules. Stating be responsible for your actions. 

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

Under Balearic law, it is a requirement for any tourist accommodation to collect the IDs of all booked guests and file them in a police database. I personally loathe this policy, and the online filing system is both buggy and not particularly user friendly, and an added burden that we simply don't need, but it's the law, and we have to do it. 

We ask guests to send us the data prior to arrival, but nobody ever does, so we have to copy their passports or IDs at time of arrival, and enter them into the database afterwards. It adds time to the check in process. 

So, it would indeed be helpful if Airbnb would supply this information in advance. 

Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

@Georgie10 , I ask for this info when thanking the guest for booking.   (I've set up suto-messages using the Scheduled Messages option in my Inbox). 

Thanks will look into this.