Hosting

Joanne--Jo-Jo-0
Level 2
Goderich, Canada

Hosting

Hi ....Did anyone else receive an email from Airbnb...about being coming an Airbnb expert...powered by directly? 

5 Replies 5
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Joanne--Jo-Jo-0  No - do tell more - content?

Joanne--Jo-Jo-0
Level 2
Goderich, Canada

Asked if I wanted to make money being Airbnb expert... complete A  quiz...then asked for my Airbnb listing number ....that’s when I stopped...and decided to ask before I continued with giving my  info...

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Joanne--Jo-Jo-0 

The experts: https://www.directly.com/platform/our-experts/

Maybe tell them all Airbnb experts can be found in this community, and still for free.

Best regards,

Emiel

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Joanne--Jo-Jo-0  It would be nice to make money by sharing our vast expertise, but I would probably have stopped at the same point.  If they wanted you specifically they'd already know that number because it's in the listing URL (if that's the number you mean) and because as you said the query came from Airbnb.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Joanne--Jo-Jo-0  @Ann72 @Emiel1 

Yes I did, got that email about 4 weeks ago. The funny thing was, it was history repeating itself.

I was invited to do the same 3 years ago and I did work for Directly for almost a year. Our relationship came to an end after I posted some of the information Directly experts use here on the CC....and that is against Directly's rules. Experts are forbidden from talking about, or divulging aspects of the company's operations.

Jo, you would want to think carefully about accepting a support role for an organisation like Airbnb. Support is basically about solving problems. Everyone who comes to support has a problem, and most of them are angry! They want you to put their issue right, they want validation, and that is not always possible. Sometimes the issues the user has generated themselves and you can basically go from getting your head ripped off by one user after another.

I can't talk about the operations of directly, I am precluded from that, but suffice to say, 'Experts'  roles are advisory, some enquiries are easy to solve to the users satisfaction, some still have to be passed on to an Airbnb agent.

The role can be financially rewarding but you need to put a lot of effort into it to reap those rewards....and the more effort you put in, the more you are expected to put in. You can't just decide to close off a ticket for the day when you want to.....problems in many instances won't wait for that good nights sleep.

Many nights I was at it until 1.30-2.00am, I would go down to Ade and say..."I am not going to log-on in the morning"!  

I wasn't sad parting company with Directly, I felt like I got my life back and was pleased to just concentrate on being a host again!

Cheers.......Rob