Hosts — Beware of Turnkey. Joining many others in this warning.

Hosts — Beware of Turnkey. Joining many others in this warning.

I had a successful rental program going with my property. After receiving many requests from Turnkey I decided to sign up. What a mistake!  They underpriced the property, overcharged me for cleanings, did not screen guests, let guests damage the property and did nothing, never did a deep clean (but charged me), &  never put in WiFi, but freeloaded off my WiFI.  Their cleaning crews were very unreliable. They were supposed to take pictures, but never did. The guest supplies they charged me $15 for cost maybe $1. The linens were cheap.  Twice I arrived at my home after renters left and there was no cleaning. I had to clean up after the guests and TURNKEY pocketed the cleaning fees. If you want to talk to someone you will spend hours on the phone and will never get a straight answer. 

I could go on and on. 

I will NEVER do business with Turnkey as a host or a guest. 

It is a very unreliable company.  

They are fortunate thus far they have not been subjected to a class action suit for misrepresentation, etc.

If you are thinking about hosting with them, do your research. I wish I had. 

1 Reply 1

WARNING THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY!!!! STAY AWAY. Forest fires and evacuation orders a few blocks away from their property all they did is state their cancellation policy over and over, no refunds allowed for any reason.  ABSURD!!! FRAUD!!!! THEFT THEFT THEFT!!!! Stole over $2,000 from us.

Big Bear, CA home owners PLEASE READ!!!

If you own a home DO NOT USE TURNKEY.  If you are using them already REMOVE your home and stop doing business with them immediately.  They have a class action lawsuit against them for their unethical cancelation policy.  The BBB is investigating them. They have over 800 people in a Facebook group on a mission to take them out of business.   Just search the negative reviews on various websites and you will see for yourself (ignore the positive ones which are "invited" and fake reviews).

If your a potential renter BEWARE!!! THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY!!

There were advisory notices from fire department and Sheriff to stay out of the area to help evacuating residents.  There were evacuation orders just a few blocks away from their property.  They said their "local team" says the property is available and we should go there. They have no regard for human life they would not allow us to postpone or cancel, no refunds for any reason. They stole our money!!!