Hosts & guests alike want reviews displayed in chronological order....why aren't you listening?

Kumari3
Level 7
Melbourne, Australia

Hosts & guests alike want reviews displayed in chronological order....why aren't you listening?

There are so many conversations and comments about this....I don't understand why Airbnb isn't listening. Put it in "The Plan" please!

7 Replies 7
Sarah1766
Level 1
British Columbia, Canada

I agree!

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Kumari3  I absolutely agree it's the stupid way to do it. They reviews go in this order: The guests country first, then the hosts country, then all the rest with the foreign language ones being last. I want to know what the current guests have said, the ones from last year are useless if there have changes or isssues more recently. 

Sarah-and-Nigel0
Level 2
Bath, United Kingdom

Completely agree.  A good example was our very recent Australian guests who stayed in our English property over Christmas for 5 days and left a glowing review.  But this is not shown at the top of the chronological list for other people to easily read.  So potential guests for next Christmas are unlikely to see that our property is a great venue for the festive period.  It also makes the review listings look as though there were no bookings over this recent period leaving inaccurate gaps in our review date timeline.  Surely the reasons Airbnb give for the current system ie different language issues etc could easily be covered by search algorithms when viewed from non-domestic countries.  A chronological order is generally considered more consistent and intuitive for a clear user interface.  Please respond.

Sarah-and-Nigel0
Level 2
Bath, United Kingdom

For anyone that agrees with this, please make a comment to help take it further

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

My reviews are in chronological order are reviews when I search properties for trips. Perhaps, like other things on Airbnb, this varies by region.

Yulianna0
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Kumari3, absolutely agree. With chronological order people can see how is the listing now, not long time ago. And, besides, people can see that we have guests from all over the world. This information can be useful for them. 

Vivian1054
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

I bent over backwards making sure I am the best host and ensure guests have their expectations exceeded and my last review in March 2022 was amazing and you can't see it as it appears in 2017 listing below WHY ??? SERIOUSLY , it looks like no one has stayed at my place from 2017 so unfair, we work hard for our reviews ! Vivian Melbourne Australia