Hosts cancelled the reservation before less than one hour to check in

Erol37
Level 1
Charlottenlund, Denmark

Hosts cancelled the reservation before less than one hour to check in

On August 5th, we decided to extend our Sanremo trip one more day and started to look for available options on Airbnb on the same day's afternoon. I found an apartment with instant booking and reserved it. Reservation confirmation number is HMETF2Z48M. 

After some I received messages from the host that the apartment would not be available for that night. I was shocked because I was about to check in. Then I called the host and she said she gave the apartment to her friend and requested from me to cancel the reservation. This was not acceptable because i paid 129 eur and if i cancelled it myself the service cost amount will not be paid back. I asked her the same thing from her, please cancel my reservation. But she did not cancel either.

Now i did not stay and paid full amount, that was not acceptable and i want my full money back. Also this must have some consequences for the host as well. Enabling instant booking and then cancelling the reservation does not make sense at all.

I am looking forward to your help.

Regards.

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Erol37 You need to call customer services (this is just a community forum). The number for whatever country you are in can be found in a post pinned to the top of the help section of this forum.

What happened to you is totally unacceptable and the host should be properly punished.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Erol37 That’s crazy. I can’t believe your host did not cancel and went on to collect the money. You should have called Airbnb right then and there. You can’t roll tone back though. You can request money from the host through the resolution center. Make sure to report this to Airbnb as well.