Hosts check your inbox- I didn't receive a text or email notification for inquiry today

Joanne-Flynn0
Level 9
Phoenicia, NY

Hosts check your inbox- I didn't receive a text or email notification for inquiry today

HI

I am set to get a text and an email when an inquirty comes in. In the year that I've been hosting I don't beleive one was ever missed.

Tonight when I went into my airbnb inbox I saw I had an inquiry in my airbnb inbox from 2:22 pm eastern today

When I replied and got a response from the guest, I did get a text and email. So the issue must have been fixed. Not sure if this is isolation incident, but I encourage you to check your airbnb inbox in case you've missed anything.

Wouldn't want anyone to lose their great "response time" statistics.

Thanks

Joanne

63 Replies 63
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

I think we are all getting this problem. I have had four enquiries and reservations in the past week that have not come to my phone. Fortunately I do check by PC email frequently and have been able to respond and apologise for the delay in each case without any serious issue. The first couple I though were just one offs but it looks like this hoary old 'chestnut' has come back to haunt us again!

@Lizzie gave us the heads up on what to do. Turn off your notifications and push settings, log out so the change is accepted and then log back on again and reset your notifications. 

This is a re-occuring problem and has been with us since I have been hosting  in early 2015.

It would be super nice if someone in programming would actually scratch their head and wonder if this little 'glitch' could be costing Airbnb money!

Cheers......Rob

Have not receive any phone text message for a month to me. I submitted the problem to technical support and did not have anything resolve at all.

Pity

Trish83
Level 2
Dunedin, New Zealand

Has anyone found a fix for this issue?  I’ve had this issue for around a month and opened several tickets that keep getting closed. 

It's over a year since the last post in this conversation, yet here in 2020, I am having the same problem! I host unique experiences, and lost FIVE clients over the past month because, while I received email notifications about reservations, none of the inquiries were sent to me, and were not in my spam folder either. Note: I only use email, as my cellphone is private, but it is absolutely reliable email from my own website. This is very disappointing. Air BnB has also lost a few hundred dollars as a result.