Hosts check your inbox- I didn't receive a text or email notification for inquiry today

Joanne-Flynn0
Level 9
Phoenicia, NY

Hosts check your inbox- I didn't receive a text or email notification for inquiry today

HI

I am set to get a text and an email when an inquirty comes in. In the year that I've been hosting I don't beleive one was ever missed.

Tonight when I went into my airbnb inbox I saw I had an inquiry in my airbnb inbox from 2:22 pm eastern today

When I replied and got a response from the guest, I did get a text and email. So the issue must have been fixed. Not sure if this is isolation incident, but I encourage you to check your airbnb inbox in case you've missed anything.

Wouldn't want anyone to lose their great "response time" statistics.

Thanks

Joanne

63 Replies 63
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Joanne-Flynn0 I went through such situations a few times and i would advice you to download the Airbnb app on your smartphone.The app is very helpful and let you check your messages very fast and also notify you whenever you receive a message from a guest.Goodluck!!!

I have noticed that my email ocassionally comes several hours after the inquiry was made...so much for trying to give a fast response. I don't have a cell phone, so I depend on those emails.

Same problem.  I do have a cell phone and notifications are set to push to phone but still I didn't get any advice and client went elsewhere. Yes check your Airbnb inbox regularly.  Unfortunately my phne app had gone back to travelling and I couldn't find how to turn back to hosting until today.  Missed 2 clients.

Simone192
Level 2
Derby, United Kingdom

I had the same happen to me on 3 occasions in the past month one of which resulted in my enquiry going elsewhere!

most recently happened this week and the same as mentioned, no notification at all of it but only when I went to check my Calendar as I do daily I noticed a message in the app inbox.

i use the app on my phone 99% of the time.

a few weeks ago it was calendar issues but this has now been rectified 

maybe it’s another bug in the system 

Mario199
Level 2
Subic, Philippines

We also had several times that we got delayed emails or textmessages  (12 Hours).

We us the App and normal emails etc , also our co-host had the same delay  so it's clearly on AirBnb.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Joanne-Flynn0 I had the same thing happen twice this week: I had two enquiries that came in that I received no notification for. I have the app on my smartphone and it didn't come up on that either. Luckily I opened my Airbnb inbox in time in both cases, but it was unnerving. 

Me as well. Custome service said it wasnt a formal request- huh?  

It is not fixed.  It only happens on inquiries.  No notifications on app or text, so you actually have to check your inbox. Once you have replied to the inquiry, then you do get notifications if the person replies to your response.  My response time dropped from 100% down to 94% because of this.  Yet my response was still within the 24 hour window. 

I have been on with Airbnb for a week now and they actually told me that I am the only one with an issue regarding this!  I've just sent my exasperated message to them calling them "twits and liars".  Make sure that you log these issues with them immediately.  See that link down there: 

I was told it was just me as well...I just sent the twitter team a link to this thread...if they can't fix this I'm pausing my listings...I can't keep checking an app five or more times a day..and in the past I would get reminders that I didn't reply in time..even that is failing. It's a mess.  My response time has now dropped..not fair 

Simi1
Level 3
North Bergen, NJ

It’s definitely not an isolated incident. I have not received email, text or app notifications for any of the inquiries I received in the last 2 weeks. I had a brief thought that it might be by design to keep hosts checking in to the platform frequently but then I recall that this is not the only bug I have experienced with Airbnb.

Simi, same problem -- have gone to AirBnB support about it 4 times. All email and push notifications are enabled, but I'm not receiving any emails or push notifications on the app for any messages or booking inquiries. And each support person has a different strategy - one said she couldn't help me because I didn't receive a message from a guest during the duration of my chat with the agent so there was no way for her to know it truly wasn't working! I also had the same thought -- that AirBnB likes this "bug" because it forces you to constantly be on the website or in the app.

Last night, a guest checked in. And since I knew of this issue, I refreshed the inbox on the app as often as I could, but I still was 18 minutes late seeing her message that she was having difficulty accessing our lock box. I strive to make sure people get responses quickly but without the notifications, unfortunately the efficiency is lost.

Georgie18
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

For some reason there says there is a message but my message box says no unread messages. I have looked everywhere for this message but I think it may be a glitch? Ever since the tech problems the other day I’m sure there a a few bugs floating around.

Elly0
Level 4
Eugene, OR

This is a known and open bug for me, reported and acknowledged unresolved by Airbnb. I have no app push notification for initial Instant Booking or Inquiry.

For all NEW Instant Bookings or Inquirys, I only get email, no app notification nor txt (I had turned on txt notifications to test if that fixed the issue, it did not).

I do get notifications of following messages of a continued conversation. Only the first, initial contact has no notification pushed to the app.

===

Until this is fixed, my workaround (on IOS) is turn on email notifications on my phone for VIP only, and make my only VIP the address the initial Instant Bookings + Inquirys come in from, which is "automated" [at] airbnb [dot] com

This works for me since I do consistantly get the emails. I read here that there are variations of the bug for different people.