Hosts in the Philippines - Share your experiences please

Olive7
Level 1
Manila, Philippines

Hosts in the Philippines - Share your experiences please

I am new to airbnb and considering enlisting as a host here in the Philippines.  I am just wondering about the security of the house, particularly on the items inside like kitchenware and small appliances.

I would like to hear from other hosts in the Philippines if they had experienced theft or damage and how it was settled. 

Thank you!

24 Replies 24

Hello , Many thanks indeed for your advice Marie. At the moment is some1 who is taking care of the property since we listed it last January. Cheers 🙂

hi mam.. im mark from manila. can we conduct a survey re airbnb? 

thru google form

Mei-Mei0
Level 2
Mandaluyong, Philippines

I currently have guests right now, They are booked for 33 nights. Their booking was instantly booked because he (the one who booked) provided a government ID, phone number, BUT a fake profile photo. He used a vintage photo of a white male and his name is in Chinese character. He joined AirBnB in April 2019 and lives in China. 

They checked-in yesterday and they were asked to submit a copy of their passport at the lobby which they obliged. I feel uncomfortable that he used a fake photo initially - guest misrepresentation. There were no guest reviews and I have no idea where to check more of his background or whatsoever.

Am I being paranoid or does this sound peculiar and suspicious.

Rowena37
Level 3
QC, Philippines

Hello everyone! 

I'm Rowena and I am currently taking a Master’s Degree in International Hospitality Management at the Lyceum of the Philippines University, Intramuros, Manila and in the process of thesis writing. In this regard, I would like to ask permission to the admin here to please allow me to conduct a survey to AirBnB hosts to get insights and valuable data from them. This is in view of my research entitled, “AirBnB: The Future of Accommodation Sharing in the Philippines”. Attached below the link for the survey questions.

The survey would last only about 10-15 minutes. All information provided will be kept in utmost confidentiality and would be used only for academic purposes. The name of the respondents and the name of your property will not appear in any thesis or publications resulting from this study. After the data have been analyzed, you will receive a copy of the executive summary. If you would be interested in greater detail, an electronic copy (e.g. PDF) of the results of the study can be made available to you.

Your approval for this request will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your interest and assistance with this research.

Here is the link for the Survey: 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdqejlGiHdKa3IytV8yINp0CUAgaDTZNVsUVCdTaH7fYDLkkw/viewform?...

Benigno0
Level 1
Tarlac City, Philippines

Hi. I have been hosting for around four months now and had few guest but haven't collected any payment yet. I applied for  bank transfer as my payout method but still the status is pending and not verified yet. Can somebody please help me.

Mark-Allan0
Level 1
Port Moresby, PG

Hi All! We have been hosting our Tagaytay condo for close to two years now and have been very happy with Airbnb (except for the buggy app). I was just wondering if there is data regarding occupancy rates for various locations across the Phils. I'm curious to know which location does the best when it comes to getting bookings.

For us, in Tagaytay, we normally only get bookings for Saturdays during slow months. Peak months are usually summer time and December during which we get more than the normal Saturday-only bookings.

What about you guys? How often do you get bookings? 

May we know where is your condo located? I think it should be near to the tourist spot.

Michael5301
Level 1
Edogawa City, Japan

Hi everyone, I m considering to enlist through AirBnB my 1 Bedroom located in Tagaytay.

Would anyone can guide me how to get someone who would  do  Check in / out of the quests on my behalf, clean and gen. maintenance  of the unit

Vilma115
Level 2
QC, Philippines

Hi Everyone,    I am Vilma from Quezon City and a newcomer in this hosting thru AIRBNB.  Just to promote my unit is located inside the Eastwood City Cyberpark a live, work and play lifestyle community.  I am also happy to inform my fellow host that I am also promoting my other business travel and tour packages which I can share to you and eventually share to your guests.  I am willing to give you referral fees  for every successful booking.  Thank you very much