Hosts in the Philippines - Share your experiences please

Olive7
Level 1
Manila, Philippines

Hosts in the Philippines - Share your experiences please

I am new to airbnb and considering enlisting as a host here in the Philippines.  I am just wondering about the security of the house, particularly on the items inside like kitchenware and small appliances.

I would like to hear from other hosts in the Philippines if they had experienced theft or damage and how it was settled. 

Thank you!

24 Replies 24
Marie405
Level 10
Taguig, Philippines

Hi @Olive7, I've been hosting for a while now and have been fortunate to have good guests.  Since my target market are businessmen and international families I wouldn't expect them to snitch anything and thankfully never happened.

Some stuff however do get broken unintentionally - like a drinking glass but the guest replaced it with a whole set of 4.  And last month's guest broke my kettle (she said they overused it due to constant tea-making and sterilizing baby's bottle) but they bought me a new one.  I never had to find out after their stay, they inform me before checking out. 

For your peace of mind you can set a Security Deposit to cover any possible damage to your property.

Good luck to your plan of hosting. It's fun!

Sylvanne0
Level 1
Quezon City, Philippines

Hi Marie im just starting my airbnb journey. If you have any tips on safety, security and pricing it will be much very appriciated. Because ill be listing my spare rooms inside my own house here in QC near SM north edsa. Im afraid that a crimininal might rent my place then rob or worst hostage us. Thanks

I had the same concerns as you, Sylvanne, when we started with Airbnb in January because our house is in a fairly isolated location. What I do is only accept instant bookings from guests who have verified their Airbnb accounts with government ID, have positive guest reviews from other hosts and have no negative guest reviews. Anyone else has to send a reservation request. When I receive a reservation request, I ask them to send the names of the guests before I accept the booking. I then check out their Facebook or LinkedIn profiles and make a decision on whether to accept the booking based on my review of those profiles. If I can't find a profile on Facebook or LinkedIn, I ask them for further information about themselves and the reasons for their trip. This doesn't happen very often because most times I am able to find them on Facebook or LinkedIn (often they use the same profile pic as they do for Airbnb, so that makes it easy), but on the few occasions I have asked for further information, the guests have provided that information without complaint. In nearly six months of hosting we've only turned down one reservation - that was from a guest who had a negative guest review and did not reply when I asked if there was another side of the story to the negative review. If you are still concerned about security, you can set your Airbnb bookings to only accept bookings from guests who verify their ID through Airbnb.

Zita17
Level 1
Marikina, Philippines

Hi, David. I have my first inquiry from a guy in Doha, Qatar. He is willing to rent for two months. I tried to ask him questions like where he works and his purpose for staying here for two months and I am still waiting for his reply, though I already saw a green tick at his picture. Does it mean he was verified by Airbnb already? Also for two months how often should I change his towels and beddings? I’m sorry, I am not so techy in computer so I don’t even know how to get to review. Please help me. Thank you

Hi David, 

I am very interested in hosting airbnb in Davao city, but not sure how to proceed? Do I need to register for a business license? If so where or can I register on line? Any feed back is very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Edelyn

Hi Marie,

My husband and I are currently looking for someone to host our property in BBC in One Uptown. This has been newly acquired. 

Do you know of someone who would be interested to add our property in their Air B&B listing.

My husband can be reached through Instant Messenger under Noli San Gabriel or e-mail at msangabriel@att.net. 

Looking forward hearing from you.

Maria

Hi @Maria3105  I'm just after sending a message to your husband thru Messenger. I just hope I picked the right account 😄

Hi maam Marie,

good day will you be able to help me host as well in my property in Sucat?

it’s a newly acquired unit and we would like to have someone who can host for us, or maybe can help us to start.

thanks in advance

hi Marie405,

I have recently joined hosting in Airbnb my place is booked easy.

Is it reasonable to ask for a security deposit  for the place?

I was hoping that my guest will be international  guest too as this is our home when we 

come to Phils.  How much support & insurance do we have from Airbnb?

Thanks for your reply 

Nikkon0
Level 1
Parañaque, Philippines

Hi! I'm Nikkon Villajuan, managing partner of SparkClean 101 Inc.

We offer cleaning services especially for Air bnb units.

Should you be interested, you may call me at *sensitive information hidden* so we can discuss. Thank you!

Hi, Nikkon; how to contact you? many thanks

Den-Iya0
Level 2
Malay, Philippines

Hosting in Boracay Island now are getting worse due to government new policies 😞 but we will not stumble, we will continue our passion. 

Hi every1. I m considering to enlist through AirBnB my 1 Bedroom + Sitting Room apartment located at The Luxury  Venice Residence , Taguig.

Would any1 please guide me how to get some1 who would  do  Check in / out of the quests on my behalf, clean and gen. maintenance  of the unit ( 66.5 Sq. Mts).

Hi @Omar-A0 if you are living outside the Philippines I suggest you get a property manager to handle this for you.  It's challenging to do it remotely but it's doable.