Hosts, is your income depleted and are you finding it difficult to pay your bills? DONATIONS

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Hosts, is your income depleted and are you finding it difficult to pay your bills? DONATIONS

Then, check your dashboard for the Auto opt-in - 5% donations from your future earnings in your 'payments and payouts'. This is already set up with some hosts, but probably arriving in your dashboard pretty soon...

I saw a post this morning on another site where the host shared this information.

31 Replies 31
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 ,

I've just been asking internally about this as it doesn't sound familiar. The only thing around 5% donations that we currently have is as follows: How do I donate from my payout?

In which case, you will neither be opted in or out automatically. You can follow the steps on the aforementioned article to chose to opt in or out at anytime.

Many thanks

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie 

I can't find this - I'm probably being stupid but where is it please?

@Mike-And-Jane0 

It's in the same place as where you can opt out of receiving donations from that 'kindness cards' project, although, not all regions will see it - yet.

It's in your 'payments and payouts'. I don't see it.

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 @Stephanie It hasn't made it to Derbyshire yet then. I'll keep a eye outfit it over the coming weeks

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Stephanie 

you will neither be opted in or out automatically.

You have missed your calling. A position in politics awaits...

What is my third option?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 

*removed due to more information*

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

@Stephanie 

That’s what the other Host did. Nothing...

it cost him 5%.

EVEN MORE REASON TO KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR DASHBOARDS HOSTS!!

🤬 🤯

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0  I'd be so pissed if that happened to me! I don't make that much so giving another host some of my proceeds for their luxury property would be very upsetting to me!

@Maia29 

Currently you can't opt-out of the proposed (going to happen ) 'Kindness cards' project, although there your refusal of donations could go to hosts or some charity. 

With this 'donations' option, it looks like you don't have any choice what-so-ever. Even though, there is a real opt-out button - you just need to get to it before you find out about it being there.

@Stephanie 

That *removed due to more information* was "Do Nothing", which is referred to immediately and consequentially in following posts.  Removing it just makes the rest of the references in this thread look deluded.

DONOTHING.PNG

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Stephanie @Mike-And-Jane0 

Two hours ago... Another Host did nothing and was charged 5%.

Haha - Not funny!

He phoned CX and they said "It's only 5% and they can do nothing" 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 ,

If the user did not opt in and was still deducted 5% that is a definite issue and a bug. I thank you for raising it here - if I can have the host affected's profile page I can more accurately report the the QA team, if you are able to DM me or ask them to share here on the CC. 

Please note, my comments on this thread were made without the full context of this being an issue rather than asking for more details of the initiative. In that respect, I would agree with @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 in hosts vigilantly checking their dashboard and reporting asap if they find an issue.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 

Funny, I thought Australia was ahead of the rest of the world ....we get to have NYE fireworks  before you guys ;-))

I checked my dashboard and also my Payouts /payment section and there is no mention of this 5% 'donation! Transaction history is showing  my payouts as per regular amount. Thank you for this post I will keep reviewing these options.

Ian, do these guys actually live in the real world? With the entire hosting base around the world suffering a lack of income at this time, they would actually attempt to hand around the collection plate? God we hosts do live in fantasy land don't we. It amazes me that week after week the hierarchy learn nothing.....three quarters of nine tenths of bugger all. They have this steady as she goes approach, they have absolutely no concept of the struggles that many hosts are having. Their entire resources are devoted to promoting themselves as good guys, saviors of the hosting community.

You did ask in another post how I was finding dealing with another platform. In a word Ian, dealing with Stayz is 'seamless' . All through this pandemic situation I have been given reservation options and been asked to discuss these options with the guest before any action on the part of Stayz has been taken. The whole thing has been handled in a very adult way without the 'knee-jerk' reactions Airbnb have taken. The takeover of Homeaway has had no effect on operations here!

Cheers......Rob  

Dixie7
Level 10
Dunsborough, Australia

Hi Robin, how are things with you? I'm in Dunsborough and was wondering how you were getting on with cancelled and no bookings for so long. My current beef with Airbnb is the order of reviews. Have you had any positive feedback from Airbnb at anytime re returning to chrono'logical' order of reviews? You seem to be happy with Stayz ... I might have to shut down Airbnb and get onto Stayz ... I'll definitely have a look at it after the senseless answers I've been getting re the review situation. I've been looking for you to having a conversation with you and found you here on the 5% Donation (what the heck is that?). I look forward to your take on the review system. Best wishes to you.