Hosts may want to read this when considering how to clean

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Hosts may want to read this when considering how to clean

I just read this article which makes it clear how quickly so many surfaces can be contaminated by those who are infected with no symptoms.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/presymptomatic-virus-patients-can-contaminate-environments-study/

61 Replies 61

@Melodie-And-John0 A couple of weeks ago I ate a can of pringles out of the public town trash can but it was unopened. Does that count?

@Emilia42 , Im pretty sure that counts!  We only need another 47 and its a movement!

Let’s do it. Only the strong survive. And the clever.

@Emilia42  Did the Pringle’s come with a dip? I guess it could count if you would be dipping into the opened dip ... hahaha

@Melodie-And-John0  Sign me up ... I wanna be the fist lady of the #Eat the Cheeto list... and my background is Slovenian too (like Melania).

Go on YouTube and check out the riots happening all over the world. People are fed up wit this bull.

Viva!

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

As a retired Infant/toddler teacher who had to worry about stuff like Hand, foot & mouth disease & rota virus I was always hyper vigilant about hygiene any way. I was also paranoid about bedbugs.San Francisco had several outbreaks, at some very upscale hotels might I add. 

I changed the duvet covers & the upper mattress covers between each set of guests & did a bleach spray (1 T to quart of water made fresh daily) on the pillows, waterproof under mattress cover & rugs as a matter of course. I also wiped everything in the rooms down. Our water bill this May was 1/5th what it was last year & that was the rainiest May ever. Water is more expensive than utilities in our area & I knew it was an expense to be factored in but never realized how much it actually was. I'm probably going to transition to workshops & mini retreats when our area opens up someday, I don't think the demographic we were so suited to will reemerge in time for us to return to the kind of hosting we used to do. (the stuff that goes on in the back of many restaraunts would turn your stomach for sure but babies need to eat that pound of dirt to get their immune system tuned up)

Giuliana142
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Nothing wrong with eating some dirt. Your body will thank you for it.

This mask wearing business is ridiculous. Goes to show how easily politicians can mislead crowds.

@Giuliana142 , in the case of covid, if it doesn't kill you it can weaken you tremendously and permanently.

@Sandra126  I guess my f***** comments are going “VIRAL” ... Thanks to you.

Ann783
Level 10
New York, NY

As someone who has lost 6 people to COVID19 @Giuliana142  I find your comment reprehensible and disgusting. 

@Ann783  *

**bleep** you **bleep**

It bleeping is .... 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Giuliana142 

Hey! - You're going too far..... I GET that many people think the scaremongering is over-hyped; I GET that people deal with an awful situation by seeing the funny side; Yes we can have a laugh by joking about boosting our immunity by eating dropped snacks off the floor; Yes we can laugh at the human tendency to over-react, Yes we can look on the bright side....

- But MOCKING a New Yorker who has lost family... You've CROSSED a line big time.... 

Sharon1014
Level 10
Sellicks Beach, Australia

@Helen350  Reported her for multiple CC infringements and asked that she be banned from posting and de-listed.  Huge safety risk to guests and the Airbnb brand.  She's had a grand total of 2 reviews in total since Sept 2019.  Says it all.  A cruel and insensitive jerk with no respect.  No credibility and no brains.  She should go volunteer at the local Covid-19 clinic without PPE if she's so unworried about it.  

@Ann783  So sorry for your losses.  Big warm hugs to you and yours.   Ignore the Giuliana dolt.