Hosts who have instant booking and wish to cancel a reservation!

Mahmoud6
Level 2
Cairo, Egypt

Hosts who have instant booking and wish to cancel a reservation!

I have been 2 years now with Aiarbnb as a host, I have instant booking, and last year I was not comfortable with a reservation so I appologized to the guest and cancelled his reservation, Airbnb told me that there is no penality!, once I did my commitment rate has been reduced from 100% to 96%!!!!

Is not that a penality???

Thanks

Mahmoud  

5 Replies 5
Adrian210
Level 1
Bucharest, Romania

Well, I think "no penalty" means no monetary penalty, no fine. The percentage you mention is just a public statistic. You can't expect it to stay at 100% when that is not true. However, I don't think this should be a concern. A 96% commitment rate is still excelent. There are always extreme situations and I doubt that there are many hosts out there with full commitment.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Unfortunately, a 100% Commitment Rate is required to be Superhost. The importance of being one is of course a whole other subject.

@Mahmoud6, did you have AirBnB do the cancellation for you, or did you do the cancellation?

Did you discuss that specific reservation with AirBnB support before cancelling it?

There are penalty-free host cancellations, but you need to get AirBnB support involved to make sure the cancellation is actually penalty free.

I see that there is a host cancellation in your reviews; that would not be there if the cancellation were penalty-free.

what happend exactly is that I asked them after reviewing the cancelation policy for instant booking hosts...I asked is there a penality? and they said no (as I have the right as an instatnt booking host to do so with no penality).....after I cancelled I discovered that my commitment rate has been reduced....I consider this a sort of penality as well ....because this affect my credability uopn guests. 

@Mahmoud6, the person who helped you I think answered the question truthfully, but did not tell you that AirBnB needed to handle the cancellation for there to be no penalty.

I think you can still call AirBnB support about it. Tell them you were told there would be no penalty in this situation, but that you were not told how to do the cancellation without penalty. Ask them if they could please remove the cancellation penalties, as this was a mistake and you did not know how to do it properly.