House Parties

Answered!
Deanna36
Level 3
New York, NY

House Parties

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about renting a house or an apartment to host a birthday party, but I am having a hard time finding a host willing to accept one that is also within my budget.

I am willing to clean up or pay someone to clean up if the house becomes a mess and I do not plan to make it a necessarily a "project X" party.

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

Please note that disruptive gatherings are prohibited, regardless of size. For more information about Airbnb's Anti-party policy, please click here.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

97 Replies 97
Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

Thanks for being honest before your booking. There are some people out there hiding the fact that they would have a party wh3n they book. I have a no party and no event rule. But a guest lied to me when he booked and violated the rules of no party and no smoking. Damages, stains, trash everywhere, six hours of cleaning with two people.

Just three photos show the party “fruits”

5E3C5BE6-803C-440A-82E7-360FC789B209.jpeg0C33E2AD-3E8D-44C7-91DF-F6FEF408A804.jpeg34EBF5FD-9F0D-449C-9ADE-73699C650C2D.jpeg

We're all tired of it and have grown wary. Airbnbs response... ** We must hide all last names of potential guests and do not show their photos.

That'll help hosts?! NOT!

**[Inappropriate comment removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

@Donald28  Reported for racism. What a coincidence, given the name.

Tushar16
Level 1
New Delhi, India

Yes

Seems to me everybody on Airbnb is just a plain out **bleep** !!! You guys have these great houses with PEOPLE WILLING TO CLEAN UP AFTER THE PARTY . But okay keep on being stingy dicks ✌🏽

I'm a host.

You as individual guests might be worthy of hosting at our accomodation but your friends might be Dicks. Some commentators on here have already illustrated they are too.

Last week I had to break up a fight between what should have been sensible young adults after I heard them bouncing off my furniture, arguing and resultant bleeding on my carpets and being sick all over the place. The "Booking Guest" (i.e. possibly you) was totally out of control and could not control the friends they brought. Thats totally irresponsible.

Do we trust you? Maybe? Do we trust your friends? Who the hell are they? Give us all their contact details, their government Identification, home addresses and criminal records and we might be more accomodating. We will then know where to send the bills for all the damage. Basically, guests do very little to instill trust and the AirBnb booking system doesn't even allow hosts to see whether you might be trustworthy - or not.

Hosts do have some great houses and we have respect. We expect our visitors will have the same respect but experience shows that they don't.

When you all grow up and you get your own places, feel free to hand over the keys to a bunch of complete strangers and let them party without you being there. Evidently in this thread even your parents won't allow parties. Those people are close to you and give you little leeway, why should hosts as complete strangers give you keys to their houses and let you party?

I'm sure its very difficult, but the level of trust required to allow you to use one of our homes as a party venue is normally only extended to our children and their friends - and that often with reservations.

Stella reviews, a bonded deposit and nothing less than respectful replys will get you any where near a booking.

You've all read about the AirBnb houses wrecked by partygoers yes? So have we.

@Jasmine195  They aren't just houses, empty houses waiting for a bunch of 20 year olds to throw a party. They are people's homes. Homes they care about, homes they put a lot of work into to make nice, homes they furnished and painted and put a lot of time and effort into. They are housing accommodations for travelers, not party pads. We'd be crazy to think it was a good idea to rent them out for your party. And even crazier to just blindly trust you when you say you're going to clean up. "Willing to clean up" is completely different from actually doing it, as well as paying for any damage caused.

I suggest you start saving up your money, buy a house and start renting it out to young partiers to fill the gap left by all us "stingy dicks."

Why don't your parents let you throw a party at their house?

@Sarah977 

With an attitude like that, her parents parents probably kicked her out long ago. 

Why not  just direct her to the “house rules” tab when checking out a location? Some of you are too critical for your own good! How is  a simple question suspicious? At least she’s honest with her intention of booking an Airbnb. I hate to say it but it seems more like the person asking for help is the problem rather than the fact of her wanting to throw a party. Be kind. 

@G62  Guests are supposed to read the listing description and the the house rules before expecting hosts to waste their time answering questions which are right there for guests to read. Is it kind to waste people's time because you're too lazy to read?

It is never ok to waste anyone’s time, but just like myself you’re here choosing to reply. You did not have to respond to her question, unless you are hired help to do so. No one her is obligated to help her, because help is what she asked for not criticism.  Peace and blessings to you ma’am. 

@Sarah977 ........you don't wash covers between guests...do you also put that in your listing description, while you on here acting holier than thou?

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

I am tired of people thinking they can rent my place for a party. Parties are an absolute nightmare for everyone including the neighbors. Go have a party at a trampoline park or a dave and busters or a hotel. Leave us airbnb hosts out of your party plans. We are not interested. 

Destiny23
Level 2
Hopkins, SC

I understand this completely. Being able to have a get together in a house makes things a lot safer. People who need to sober up before driving home can do so and then it also gives people the option to cook as opposed to having to get someone to cater a more public event. People don’t just want to have a party outside of their home because they don’t want to clean. It could be because there is more space, the home offers amenities that the renter may not have, or they may just want a change of scenery. People tend to expect the worst when they hear party but majority of the time it’s nothing ”sketchy” going on at all. 

Jacob301
Level 1
New York, United States

I need a house to rent out throw a party