House Parties

Answered!
Deanna36
Level 3
New York, NY

House Parties

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about renting a house or an apartment to host a birthday party, but I am having a hard time finding a host willing to accept one that is also within my budget.

I am willing to clean up or pay someone to clean up if the house becomes a mess and I do not plan to make it a necessarily a "project X" party.

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

Please note that disruptive gatherings are prohibited, regardless of size. For more information about Airbnb's Anti-party policy, please click here.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

97 Replies 97

@Jacob301  No, you don't "need" a house to throw a party in (what a bizarre, entitled concept), especially not someone else's house. There are many appropriate places which are set up to host parties. Community halls, event centers, event rooms in hotels, etc. Where do you think young people had parties before there was any such thing as Airbnb? 

Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

We host parties (as long as they aren't crazy wild parties), so you're welcome to book with us, if Denmark isn't too far 😉 @Deanna36 

Eva1853
Level 1
Nashville, TN

did you find a place?

Winter13
Level 1
New Jersey, US

I’m looking for the same exact thing in South Jersey! Someone help!

Hasn't Airbnb just completely banned house parties? If it isn't in place yet, it should be soon. Want to host a party? Do it at your own place. Hosts, as well as neighbors and the community, should not have to deal with this.

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

Hasn't Airbnb just completely banned house parties? If it isn't in place yet, it should be soon. Want to host a party? Do it at your own place. Hosts, as well as neighbors and the community, should not have to deal with this.

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

"Airbnb has confirmed that it will ban all "open-invite" house parties, the company said in a blog post. It also will provide a "clear and actionable enforcement framework" for other issues including excessive noise, unauthorized guests, unauthorized parking, unauthorized smoking and "major cleanliness concerns requiring excessive cleaning after checkout."

Airbnb has always prohibited "unauthorized" house parties thrown without the consent of the host. However, it has now instituted a global ban on "any event that the organizer opens up to anyone who wants to attend, such as gatherings advertised on social media," wrote Airbnb's VP of trust Margaret Richardson. She added that anyone trying to circumvent the ban will be subject to "consequences," including account suspension or removal from the platform.

On top of that, Airbnb has also banned large parties in apartment buildings, condos and other multi-family residences. The company said it would still allow authorized, invitation-only parties in single family home dwellings "that respect the home, the host's house rules, and the surrounding neighborhood." "

https://www.engadget.com/2019/12/06/airbnb-offiially-bans-house-parites/

Apparently, new guest standards will take effect "early in 2020". 

I have NEVER seen a "clear and actionable enforcement framework" anywhere. My listing states in the description and house rules NO PARTIES. After clarifying and getting assurances, there weren't going to be any; they have anyway. It says if the guest has a party, I will request a payment from Airbnb and be refused future guesting. This has not worked. What is Airbnb doing to assist me in preventing this, or making the guest responsible for their lie?

Me too

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

To everyone who wants to rent a house for a party...Airbnb is NOT the place to book. 95% of hosts do not allow parties no matter how much you wheedle or promise. The hosts that do are few and far between and typically have strict rules and steep deposits. You can find them by searching with the  "parties/events allowed" filter.

Look for an event venue, party room in a restaurant or bar,  or somewhere that is okay with parties outside of this platform.  Find a friend or family member with a space they can lend you. Or better yet use your own place. These threads pop up from time to time in the community but it's just not the way to find a venue for this activity. 

I have heard Eventbrite has listings for event spaces. Why not look somewhere like that?

Branden13
Level 1
Morristown, TN

Depends on the place. If you're looking for one in the states. Good Luck! I found a couple places in Cancun willing to do it. But i was making money doing it. 

Where is it?

I am looking to rent a place for a party . March 7. Let me know please 

Question. Does anyone in Atlanta allow events for a 4 and 6 year old. I'm just trying find a place to host a spa party for my girls. nothing hardcore just innocent children enjoying their birthdays. I will clean everything and it will look the same way it was before I came.

I'm having the same issue