House Parties

Answered!
Deanna36
Level 3
New York, NY

House Parties

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about renting a house or an apartment to host a birthday party, but I am having a hard time finding a host willing to accept one that is also within my budget.

I am willing to clean up or pay someone to clean up if the house becomes a mess and I do not plan to make it a necessarily a "project X" party.

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

Please note that disruptive gatherings are prohibited, regardless of size. For more information about Airbnb's Anti-party policy, please click here.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

97 Replies 97
Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

It will be difficult for you.

Unfortunately, you don't yet have a track record with Airbnb.

You have no recommedations. No "Deanna left the house very neat and clean".

Hosts cannot "see" who you are. You are just a stranger.

That said, you will have to disclose everything and assure the host of your intentions.

"Afternoon garden party until 6pm " is much better than "Blowout drunk fest that goes until the morning"

And offer $$ for a deposit or cleaning fee.

Good luck

And no government ID. I won't even approve anyone for a non-party stay without government ID.

Vadym2
Level 2
Henrico, VA

To second Paul, I would just find a place within your budget, reach out to the host, explain the situation and lead with the fact that you have no reviews etc, and offer to commit to a significant security deposit. Conduct all your communications via AirBnB, so there is track record of your commitment. These steps will help you get a host more comfortable with renting to you. To break the camel's back, you could offer to pay 10-20% more for the stay. This sweetener may get you into the door to have a bday party where you want and a happy host to write you your first review. Good luck. 

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

IMO it would have to be a pretty stupid host who rents out a house for a party. I wouldn't even do it with a 5 grand deposit.

Whats wrong with renting the village hall/meeting room/community center/room in a pub etc, they even usually have parking available and a bar.

@Jeff158  Thanks for the laugh. It's what most hosts are thinking. No verified ID, no reviews, no bleepin way. Find a restaurant or bar that has a party room.

Of course your not thinking of every aspect. Usual civilian. 

*personal and offensive comments removed in line with the Community Guidelines* 

What if it's not enough people. For a hall what if your party only has 15 people attending?

What's stupid is to assume people want their party in a public space where anyone can just invite themselves. There's a reason why people want to rent out housing for parties. The same reason people to go by  HOTEL......

So sad. I understood your question. We did a 20 person dinner party AT NIGHT. In Orange County. Music, not loud. Turned out nice.

Maybe it is regional, because its a very common thing the in the US mid-Atlantic for houses to be rented for weddings, family reunions, and milestone birthdays. There is nothing "wrong" with renting other spaces, but if you want a BBQ or a pool party, a beach house, or just a large entertaining space, there is also nothing wrong with renting a house. 

I was thinking the same thing about a property I'm trying to purchase right now. I love the house but it is way too much for me! I have a buddy that owns a bar and another that owns a food truck. We think we can offer the whole package under an Airbnb experience. How do you feel about that?

No one asked u 🤣

Because it could be a family party , or a kid party ,& a family member might be from out of town and would need a place to stay . Like she said she’s not planning on hosting a “rager “ party