House Rules need to be more prominent, not hidden in a drop-down menu.

Sean95
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

House Rules need to be more prominent, not hidden in a drop-down menu.

When guests are booking, they need to be highly observant to detail in order to find the House Rules they are supposedly accepting before booking. This means that most guests miss the rules entirely, which causes a lot of problems for listings that are more complex than the norm. The screenshot how NONE of my rules are actually visible during the booking process, unless you notice the "read more" dropdown menu, which needs to be clicked so that the rules are displayed.Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 14.34.20.png

91 Replies 91
Caroline618
Level 2
Málaga, Spain

100% agree. We are property managers, and this has caused us serious problems this year, including guests arriving with more people than the property is permitted to host (we have strict licensing in Andalucia), and/or arriving with Children younger than minimum age permitted at the property.

Owners and property managers do not add these conditions for the fun of it, as they are placed on us due to legal requirements or the community rules, etc.

This causes huge aggrevation for both the host and the guests, and the last thing a guest needs is to arrive at the property and be rejected entry because their child is too young, or their reservation does not meet thee "Community" rules (arrival time, property insurance age restriction, etc.).

What is also unhelpful, is AirBnB stating "Children under the Age of 2 go for free". Fine we do not charge extra for them, but a) we need to know they are coming before guests arrive as the maximum number of guests are applied irrespective of their age, and b) some properties are completely unsuitable for under 2-year olds, hence the insurance excludes hosting of this age group. Try arguing that one with an insurance company when there is a public liability claim!

Denis-Mark0
Level 10
Lahnstein, Germany

AirBnb is even questioning (fortunately not obligatory to be filled in) why your apartment is not safe for children if you exclude them! Suggestive questions! Why do I have to justify myself?!

@Denis-Mark0 I think it has something to do with discrimination or ageism. Societal norms ostracize people who simply "don't like kids", so perhaps this is why AirBnB demands a more tangible explanation.

Sean95
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Denis-Mark0 @Kath9 @Kit45 What kind of phones are you using? I just tested the "read more" links from my iPhone 8, from the guest perspective, on both the listing page and towards the end of the booking process. Both links worked for me. Both of the links shown within the red boxes in the screenshots work for me.IMG_0099.PNGIMG_0098 2.PNG

@Sean95, i use an Android that's less than a year old. And it definitely used to work, so it's not the phone. Its odd that all the other 'Read more' links work,  just not that one. I suppose I could try uninstalling/reinstalling the app but the bigger issue here is our guests who are booking with the app (of which there are many). If they cannot read the house rules, that is a big problem. Anyway, I've sent feedback to Airbnb about it and perhaps others should too so they might actually look into it. 

@Sarah977 @Denis-Mark0 @Eugene78 

@Kath9  You're right. I've sent feedback to AirBnb, too. Thanks.

It still doesn't work when I use the app on my phone. Have you heard anything from CS @Denis-Mark0 @Kath9? Is there anything you can do @Lizzie or @Quincy? It's a big problem that potential guests can't unfold and read the houserule and the location section when they use the app. 

@Sandra856 I'll ask my german community manager to figure out what about that issue. It still doesn't work.

Hi @Anna, wir haben hier ein Problem mit der AirBnb App, das in mehreren Sprachen gleichermaßen auftritt. User, ich eingeschlossen, stellen fest, dass man in der App zwar auf Hausregeln klicken kann, aber man das Textfeld mit unseren individuellen Hausregeln nicht erweitern kann. Der Button "erfahre mehr" funktioniert nicht! Also können die Gäste die Hausregeln nicht lesen.

Jemand im deutschen Forum die selben Probleme? 

@Monika--Elisabeth0 @Anja236 @Ilona18 @Till-and-Jutta0 @Veronica-and-Richard0 

Thank you @Denis-Mark0 🙂 

@Denis-Mark0   ich benutze nie die App, nur den Laptop, deshalb: keine Ahnung!

Alles klar, @Ilona18, danke auch für Dein Feedback. Ist wohl ein Problem, das bei einigen in der App vorkommt, aber der CS will angeblich den Vorfall an die IT weiterleiten. Ich benutze auch lieber den PC, aber ist natürlich blöd, wenn ich von meinen Gästen erwarte, dass sie meine Hausregeln gelesen haben, und sie es gar nicht konnten.

@Denis-Mark0: ich nutze selten die App; habe es heute nochmal probiert (habe gerade auf IOS13 upgedated), konnte die Hausregeln lesen und auch komplett aufklappen.

Aendern tue ich in den Inseraten nie etwas am fummeligen Handy, nur in richtigen Browserfenstern (Windows, Linux) und da ohne Probleme.

Anna
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Denis-Mark0 , thank you for tagging me! I'm sorry to hear about the issue that some of you are experiencing 😞 I can see that @Quincy has already flagged this issue, hopefully it can be resolved as soon as possible! 

Vielen Dank für die gemeinsame Zeit im Community Center! Begrüßt die neue Community Managerin Juliane HIER.  Klickt HIER, um eine Unterhaltung mit anderen Mitgliedern zu beginnen. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sandra856, thank you for tagging me along in this. I've immediately passed this on to the team. Also, could you let me know which phone you're using?  

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi @Quincy , just to let you know because having the same issue.

Mine is a Huwaei Mate 20 x (up to date) running the app version 19.41 (21053835).

Checked other listings and still not able to unfold the house rules (text passages).

Danke @Anna !