House manual/ Check-In

Resham0
Level 1
New York, NY

House manual/ Check-In

How do I avoid sensitive Check-in information (like lock box code) getting sent to guests who confirm booking but cancel weeks before their trip? Any tips?
6 Replies 6
Kenneth-And-Lilia0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

My way of doing it is pretty simple.  The day before the guest arrives, I send them the code and alert security to their arrival.  Then I change the code after every guest.  No problems.

Gregory87
Level 10
Minneapolis, MN

Our guests don't receive the (digital) house manual until 2-3 days prior to arrival.  While it contains information about the rental (such as the address and options for traveling to it), the code isn't sent until the day of arrival.

We send the code the morning of their arrival to BOTH Airbnb message and their personal e-mail.  Unfortunately, Airbnb's interface sometimes goes down.  We also ask the guest to confirm that they have received the information.  Should there be an issue with a code, we can disable or change it immediately.  Code is disabled upon check-out.

You might be more limited with a lockbox code, but the same concepts should apply.

Paige73
Level 6
Lansdowne, PA

I send them the code just before check in. Don't want people walking in on previous guests or me cleaning if they show up early.

Ann380
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I give locksafe code out on day of arrival only, sometimes only hour or two before my check in time. You may still be cleaning from previous guest and you don’t want new guest walking in while only half complete. I am flexible of course depending on guests who may just need to drop bags off but I never give out the code before day of arrival.

hope this is useful for you Resham.

Ann380
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Oh & yes change code after each guest!

Kenneth12
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Check-in instructions section of the listing is now visible only during the trip;  otherwise,  I use an electronic smartlock (LockState, though I'm rather neutral towards them overall).