House not ready at check in

House not ready at check in

Sometimes my cleaners cut it really close and the house is barely ready by check-in time. It hasn’t become an issue yet, but I am thinking ahead to when it may be...if a guest shows up and the house is not ready, what do you think my response should be as a host? Of course I would apologize, but should I also compensate them monetarily? Offer a late check out? Something else?

16 Replies 16

Thankfully I heard from the guest this morning. She said our place is amazing and not to worry. This made me feel much better! Not to say she still might mention the snafus in her review, but at least it appears she isn’t seething. Yeah, I wish I had more options for cleaning people, but my hands feel a bit tied. Believe it or not, they are probably the best I can find in this area. I just have to stay on them constantly—more work and stress on me than I want.

@David-and-Annie0 if you can't replace your cleaners, you might consider making their compensation variable for better incentivization: bonuses for maintaining high cleanliness ratings, etc..