How Can I transfer one listing from one account to another and run only one account?

Turquoise0
Level 2
Rethimnon, Greece

How Can I transfer one listing from one account to another and run only one account?

Hello everyone!

I read your topic and I am in a similar situation and I would ask for your advice.

We currently run an account with many listings, as we are property managers and we still waiting for some reservations to come up. However, for a separate listing we have created a second account, before adding this listing to the account with all other listings of ours. So my question has to do with:

As we are waiting for upcoming payouts and reservations, can we "transfer" or "merge" (if am using the right word..) this only one listing and their bookings and reviews with the other account?

I found on help center the following , but I am not understanding what means API-Connected listings directly on AIRBNB? and if this is relevant to my issue

I found that

How can I merge and publish API-connected listings directly on Airbnb?

If you already have an Airbnb account and existing listings, you may need to merge these listings with new listings created from your software. Merging listings ensures that you don’t create any duplicates and that you keep your existing content and reviews.

If you recently imported listings through your software, Airbnb will have emailed you to let you know that we received the listings, but they may need to be merged. You can start the merging process by following the directions in that email, or by navigating directly to the Airbnb Sync page.

How to merge listings on Airbnb

1. Log in to your Airbnb account
  2. Click the Software sync button on your listings page or go directly to your Sync page
  3. Any listings that you’ve imported from your software will display as Ready to publish
  4. Select the existing Airbnb listing you want to merge from the drop-down in the second column
  5. Select your sync setting for the merged listings from the drop-down (either Limited or Everything)
  6. Publish your merged listings individually or in bulk

If you don’t see all of your listings that means they’re still syncing from your software. Wait a few minutes until you receive an email confirmation and, if necessary, merge these listings.

Basically, I don't want to loose a review that recently got from a guest and of course my upcoming reservations and payouts

Could you please advice at your earliest convenience?

Thank you

Rgrds,

Turquoise Holidays

9 Replies 9
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

You cannot move a listing from one Airbnb host account to another Airbnb host account. All reviews, etc. remain with the host, not the listing. (This article refers to listings imported from other channels via software.)

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Turquoise0  You would lose all the reviews because as @Lisa723 states you can not transfer them from one hosting account to another. SuperHost status and reviews stay with the listing host not the listing. 

Turquoise0
Level 2
Rethimnon, Greece

Hello @Lisa723 @Letti0 and thank you a lot for your replies!

So, what is your advice to that? Is there any way from your experience to do this and merge them or not?

Kind rgrds,

Turquoise

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

No, there is not.  All you can do is create a new listing and deactivate the old one.

Turquoise0
Level 2
Rethimnon, Greece

Hello @Lisa723 @Letti0 thank you for your replies

May I ask you something else? Is it possible regarding my issue above, so to solve it, to add the other account as a co-host? In that case, if so, will be able to access only one account or I will continue to use both accounts?

Rgrds,

Turquoise

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Turquoise0   You will still need to continue to use both accounts as a co-host has limited functions in regards to the financial end of things like payout information. 

Turquoise0
Level 2
Rethimnon, Greece

@Lisa723& @Letti0 hi again..I continued searching the community though...and I found the following 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Transfer-listing-to-new-account/td-p/14110/page/2, Someone Scott posted that.. Under the numbers you can see my questions underlined...

Yes, this can easily be done.

Step 1) Create a new profile account. 

I have the other account with all of our listings and to that account I want to transfer the "requested" listing

Step 2) Go to original account and submit to your new profile account to become a "cohost". 

Which will be the original account? The one to transfer to or the one to transfer from?

Step 3) Go to your new account and except the inquire to be a cohost. 

What does this means "except the inquire to be a cohost"?

Step 4) On your new account go to airbnb.com/rooms (be sure you're logged in).  All the way to the right, just under the gear symbol you'll see three horizontal dots, click on that then click "duplicate". 

There you go! The rest is self-explainable.

Can you please explain the step 4? Do you have any more instructions? What is exactly "duplicate" ?

Thanks in advance for all your replies and help and wishing to solve my issue in a way! So, I much appreciate your replies again!

Best Rgrds,

Turquoise

Turquoise0
Level 2
Rethimnon, Greece

@Letti0& @Lisa723 also just to remind you that in general I wish not to have two accounts to manage and only one at the end

thanks again

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Turquoise0  If you are going to transfer an account make it the single one because as a co-host you will not have access to payout information on the transferred listing only by going back to the orginal listing as the host will you see this information. See the screenshot below. You invite the co-host with the button indicted. The three dots are on a phone app on the computer it would be in the upper right hand corner of the dashboard called Create a new Listing. You click on that and it gives you the option to duplicate a listing.

Here's the thing though doing as Scott sugguest I believe your main intent is to keep the reviews this will not happen even doing what Scott suggests. You need to create a whole new listing under the  host listing you want to keep and act as the main host and you are going to lose the reviews their is no way around it unless you keep both hosting listings going. This is the issue for people selling homes they want to transfer their reviews to the new owner, but it can not be done. There is a reason AirBnB does this, the host earned the reviews, so they stay with the host not the listing. 

Screenshot (151).png