How Do You Use Social Media or Branding to Promote Your Airbnb?

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

How Do You Use Social Media or Branding to Promote Your Airbnb?

Hello all, 

I'm interested in other hosts' experience with promotion outside of your basic Airbnb listing.

Have you used any branding to propmote your lising, like custom logos and/or a formal proerty name? 

Do you have a website for your property? When Airbnb starts offering custom URLs in the fall, will you continue with a seperate website?

Do you have social media account(s) for your property? If so, do you get much value out of it?

Do you participate in any other marketing initiatives, like your local tourism association?

I have a website and a Facebook page to promote my primary Airbnb property. I use my website address on my business cards and so I can quickly and easily tell people how to find my property. I haven't found that the Facebook page has really driven people to my listing, but I do make postings with local events.

I'm also a member of my local tourism association: I'm the only Airbnb member. 

3 Replies 3
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Alexandra316. Since I mostly host international guests, I would have to reach far with promoting. I think it's better to use different OTAs - I consider it a must to be on some.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Marzena4 I have tried other OTAs and don't get much out of them. Airbnb is my primary, and I'm pretty happy with it.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

I know this post is a bit out of date but I have produced my own video loop that plays on the TV in the guest cottage when they arrive. I took a few photos of attractions in the area, put them into a reel and backed it up with a bit of my own piano composition/playing. Excuse the note mistake at 1 minute 34....nothings perfect!

The reaction of guests is positive, most of them make a nice remark about it.......

https://youtu.be/M_D_GT_2cuo 

It cost me virtually nothing to do and I do think it has helped my hosting business.

I did this about 3 years ago and I have learned a bit more about video editing since then and I am now in the process of producing a more high tech version using a drone and featuring more stunning scenery. hopefully it will be a winner!

It would be great if Airbnb gave us the option to include video on our listing page. I think it would win bookings!

Cheers........Rob