How about this for your next Airbnb?

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

How about this for your next Airbnb?

I stalk real estate listings for historic properties and found this over the weekend. Oh. My. GOODNESS! As a product of Catholic school education (not so much lapsed as never took) I can't help but been swooning a little. I still love a cathedral.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/947-Aisquith-Baltimore-MD/23248052/

So many ideas for this space! 

-Coolest Airbnb ever (though party prevention would be near impossible. And cleaning fees! Yikes.)

-Nightclub

-Coolest condo building ever

-Primary residence for the fabulous and slightly crazy

-Event or wedding venue for those times you need 600 guests (maybe one day... but not now.)

Have you seen anything in your travels and thought "what a cool Airbnb that would make?"

4 Replies 4
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Laura2592 

I like the tactful note: “price reflects deferred maintenance.”

Otherwise known as extreme neglect.

The last time I was in that area was a long time ago, and perhaps things have changed, but 40 years ago the inner harbor area resembled a combat zone.

@Brian2036 its gotten better, but I will admit that even as a Maryland resident I very very seldom set foot in Baltimore. Some people love it though.  It seems to have gentrified quite a bit since 40 years ago, but its still not a city that has a vibe that appeals to me. 

My husband has put the kibbosh on this particular project-- he actually sent me this listing as he does commercial property management/investment but I had found it before he did. He should know better 🙂. Of course I am going to want this now. 

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Laura2592 

I’m really curious about how much money it would take to turn the school wing into condos.

Maybe $2 million if they’re not too fancy?

As for the cathedral the replacement cost would be astronomical and it’s really a shame to just let it rot away.

I suppose it could be turned into a museum if there were public funds available for renovation….

@Brian2036 I am sure its more money than I have 🙂 

Someone needs to save this one!