How can I add a 360 Virtual Tour to my listing?

Answered!
Clement0
Level 3
Fuente Blanca, Spain

How can I add a 360 Virtual Tour to my listing?

Hi,

We have been hosting for two years now and have been doing ok with our pictures.  We found this website http://do360now.com that does virtual tours for real estate.  Here's a  Sample of 360 Virtual Tour for showing the properties   

The way it works is that they come and shoot pictures with a 360 camera and then they provide a link similar to what I have on the top where you can add to your listings or website.   

We can't seem to be able to add this link to our pictures or to our discription.  Does anybody know how we could add 360 Virtual Tour to our listing?

Thank you indvacned,

Clement

1 Best Answer
Bruno795
Level 2
Luanda, Angola

Create a QR code with the 360 virtual tour hyperlink and add it to your photos on Airbnb 🙂 

View Best Answer in original post

121 Replies 121
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

I have never seen any such in listings, so I doubt it is possible.

Can you call me? I can help with 3D virtual tours.

-Cole *

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

Do you take these pictures as a panorama?  But then how does a guest on AirBNB scroll around the room?

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

This would be a great feature for Airbnb, especially since now most phones can do 360/spherical photos easily. Unfortunately, it's not currently supported.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I like this idea @Clement0.

Does anyone else think this would be useful to have the ability to add to your listing?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi!

Thanks for the comments!

It would be awesome!  And, its the future!   Goggles like the Oculus Rift and other Head Mounted Displays will allow viewers to experience the properties completly immersed in a Virtual Reality Tour of the place they want to stay at.

It's something easy to incorporate as the Virtual Tours from do360now.com come in the form of a link.   Because you will  be logged in and links can be approved or not, airbnb can allow them or not.

I personally use this service in our Real Estate website.  And it works great and very easy to add to our listings.

We should all contact airbnb and request it.

Maybe we can inspire a new feature to airbnb! 

After all it's a tech company, it should embrace chance.

Create a great day!

Clement

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I love to hear you are interested in VR technology, it is amazing. My friend let me try out his Samsung headset where I was surrounded by a huge galaxy, I didn't want to give it back I was gripped. I think there are so many things you can do with it like you say, viewing properties being one of them, even buildings that haven't been built yet and are still in the mind of architect! 

Going back to your listing, how would you like the 360 video to be displayed on the site? 

It would be great to hear from other hosts, so keep your thoughts coming in. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie It think it could help with the instant-gratification guest who rushes through the options, wants to look only at a few pics, books immediately, comes and stays, then dings you on the star ratings because they haven't taken the time to read the listing details which disclose certain important pieces of information. The 360 Virtual Tour would be great, and a step in the right direction for better managing expectations.

Hosting since Thanksgiving Day 2012 and over 1,000 stays. May you ever be the benevolent ruler of your own domain--YOUR life. Allow no other to rule over it.
Damir0
Level 10
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Hi @Lizzie,

I almost forgot. I've been thinking of options to record a video using your smartphone or camcorder etc and using this personalized video tour where guests can see the listing and see me, their host. I think it's easier to implement, just need to have the option to upload a video file instead of access to your webcam. Who uses webcams (low video quality) these days anyway? (Profile Video)

Maybe it's something Airbnb would consider, the current option is desktop only video's made through your webcam. Means at best, you need your laptop and walk around with it 😉

Wherever you go, there you are.

Hello all,

@Lizzie

I seen the google 360 views and I'm not impressed, hard to implement and costly!  We looked into it for our properties at one point.    Plus is giving more business to an already big company.

What we like about do360now.com is that it is similar to airbnb where they connect  360 fotographers with people that need the service.  Giving the business to the self employed fotographer.   It's easy to implement and its not too expensive that we can afford it for not only our higher priced properties, but also our lower ones and rentals.

Airbnb can do something similar, partnering up with do360now or a similar company, and offer their hosts to be contacted or contact a regular fotographer and a 360 fotographer or the same fotographer can do both regular and 360 pictures.  

For example, the young lady that  comes to take our pictures and do our 360 tours is an idependet fotographer that uses do360now to get business.

Plus, I like the Virtual Tours from do360now.com better.  We use their tours and are really easy to implement.   We just add a link to some of our listing's pictures.  When the viewer clicks on the picture it launches the VR Tour...

After Jen, our 360 fotographer, takes the pictures of our listings, she then emails me a link that I just add to our regular pictures in our website.  We did not need to change much on our website to incorporate the 360 Tours.  That's why I think it will be very easy to do! 

Btw, I own an Oculus Dk2 and its amazing to view properties wearing them!  We have helped several people in wheel chairs view dozens of properties using the Oculus and then picking just a couple to actually go view physically.  We have sold each one!

Here's an example of a property we just put for rent in Florida -->  http://firmre.biz/properties/newly-renovated-ground-condo-unit-in-desire-east-lake-community/

We just need airbnb to enable links to our discription area or when we click on our property to open the VR Tour. 

I believe in less than two years we will see Oculus and other Head Mounted Displays (HUD) become main stream!  There are a lot of companies pushing this technology.

BTW, Facebook bought Oculus for  $2billion dollars!   This is the way we will view a lot of things soon!

There are a lot of cameras and 360 VR Services coming out as well...

Create a great day!

Clement

just a quick update... I did some searching and foud this service from google.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/maps/streetview/trusted/

tx,

Clement

So, do we know if airbnb is going to consider offering 360 Virtual Tours?  Be it via google or do360now.  I'm sure they can think of a way...

Stijn0
Level 1
Eindhoven, Netherlands

Except from 360 tours and 360 photos. I think 360 video's will additional value as well.

Video's like http://www.virtualrealitytours.nl/ makes. This Dutch company is specialized in 360 video's for the real estate sector. 

Such video's are easily to watch because YouTube supports them. 

So the only thing AirBNB needs is to have a YouTube video implementation and we can all enjoy 360 live views of the listings we want to rent. 

To me this seems to be the easiest solution to implement 360 into AirBNB

Do you guys agree on that?