How can I add a 360 Virtual Tour to my listing?

Answered!
Clement0
Level 3
Fuente Blanca, Spain

How can I add a 360 Virtual Tour to my listing?

Hi,

We have been hosting for two years now and have been doing ok with our pictures.  We found this website http://do360now.com that does virtual tours for real estate.  Here's a  Sample of 360 Virtual Tour for showing the properties   

The way it works is that they come and shoot pictures with a 360 camera and then they provide a link similar to what I have on the top where you can add to your listings or website.   

We can't seem to be able to add this link to our pictures or to our discription.  Does anybody know how we could add 360 Virtual Tour to our listing?

Thank you indvacned,

Clement

1 Best Answer
Bruno795
Level 2
Luanda, Angola

Create a QR code with the 360 virtual tour hyperlink and add it to your photos on Airbnb 🙂 

View Best Answer in original post

121 Replies 121
Damir0
Level 10
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Hi @Lizzie

I think the 360 degrees photos could add a sense of being there (the listing you wish to book), however, the technology used differs in format, compatibility and quality. I think it's worth investigating, Google has great documentation and professionals for 360 photos.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/maps/streetview/trusted/

It could become interesting when you can actually view this type of photos in the Airbnb apps, browser, etc, and not to forget when AR and / or VR goes mainstream (clue: in 5 years). Honestly, it feels like a gimmick right now.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Nick30
Level 2
Liverpool, United Kingdom

360 Virtual Tours would be a great addition. If you need any beta testers.... 🙂

It would also be cool to add tags to the photos/house tours (similar to the tags on Pinterest/Houzz etc) with insights to the rooms and equipment within the house, a virtual house manual for guests.

Jon66
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Do you mean like this 360 walkthrough tour with auto tour feature and Tags

Im offering this service to my high end luxury property clients and im also looking at a way of offering en mass to the airbnb community. From my understanding Airbnb does not allow exteranl links yet but they are beta testing the service I provide in California. Im eagerly awaiting to hear when they will be implementing the service to allow everyone a 360 tour. 

I fly all over the world offering high end property showcase sulutions here's another one I shot which includes a mini film and photography along with the 360 walk through - Luxury property presentation with drone and stills + 360 walk through.

[links removed]

Jon66
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Why are my links removed? 

I think it would be a fantastic feature

This would be an amazing option, not only that I'm actually shocked it's not already an option seeing as how most smart fones can view these VR images.

Yes....this would be great to have!!!!  A real competitive advantage. 

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Yes it would be nice only if the whole place is for the guest only not just for one room, and or special host that go way beyond there expectations 

Dan325
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

It will be very helpful at these days. Lots of guests booked accommodation without reading details about it, after that of course there are lots of complaints and unsatisfactory.

I created my own Virtual airbnb listing using my own camera and software.  Let me know what everyone thinks.  http://360.helloai.com/airbnbcavehouse/cavehouse.html

You are totally on cue with 360 tours.. It is a feature that would give your potential client a better understanding of your space.

Hi All,

As we are also interested in adding 360 VR content I was doing some research and came across 3D VR technology from Matterport. Anyone heard about it?

it seems they have partnered with Airbnb and are starting a pilot in States:

http://www.3ders.org/articles/20160501-airbnb-partners-with-matterport-to-launch-3d-virtual-tour-pil...

Looks promissing though! What do you think?

Gert-Jan

Gert-Jan, I am, as they call us, a Matterport Professional.  I have seen an amazing response to the tours created by the Matterport technology.  I understand there is a beta test going on in Napa Valley.  I hope this works out and becomes standard because one of the first questions I get asked is "can this be displayed on AirBnB?"  I'm researching this because a potential customer who is a huge builder in my community has been asking.  If this were available, we would have a huge sale and customers around the world would be able to virtually walk through their spaces.  And Matterport scans also have the ability to be turned into VR experiences on Samsung VR and Google Cardboard.  Imagine the opportunities there!  Matterport photographers (like me, of course) would be able to attract more business and realtors and travel agents world wide would be able to allow their clients to actually experience the place they're considering before risking precious vacation time and dollars on a brochure or a few photoshopped 2D shots.

Jon66
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Im offering that service yes -Matterport tours

Martin100
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

I hope Airbnb will allow 360 photos like Facebook does.

360 camera are now a viaable option. And smartphones can make reasonable 360 photos by making panaroma photos. 

I have a samsung gear 360. And I see the value by adding 360 photos for customers. Spatial awareness becomes apparent for visitors.