How can I delete old inbox messages?

Rupert2
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

How can I delete old inbox messages?

Hi,

How can I clean up my inbox and delete old messages?

Thank you

24 Replies 24
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

You can archive old messages, but there is no way to do a bulk archive or delete (like click "all" and then delete).  In your inbox (desktop version, not the app) just hover over the right side of the message and a you'll see two buttons pop up - Star/Archive.  Choose archive.  Goodbye to message.

yes but archiving doesnt delete the message its still always there

Is there a way to more than archive but  actually completely delete a message ?

Robin87
Level 1
Germany

How do you delete messages in the app or with a smartphone when logged into the website?

I don't think that functionality exists. Would like it if Airbnb would allow you to access the "Full Site" on mobile devices but they force you into mobile app.

Sounds like a suggestion for Host Voice!

I'll post give it thumbs up!
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Hi Andrew! Zes! thats right! But where is that host-voice option? I couldn't find it! We need to request that from the admins! ASAP! They read what we write anyway! So, if there's nothing comprimising about those messages, why aren't we going to have the right to delete them!? right?!

@Andreas108  On this site, under Discuss, go to Host Voice.  Post an issue along with suggestion about how to fix it.  If enough hosts support it, the issue will be forwarded to Air BNB team to be investigated.

Margee0
Level 2
Tulsa, OK

I was wondering if it takes up a lot of room on my i phone.. I have an old one and I am trying to delete stuff to make room.

MayLis3
Level 1
Brussels, Belgium

Rupert : Have you found out how to delete messages ? I haven't. Thnks

John1583
Level 1
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom

Surely this is a violation of GDPR by AirBnB?

You're probably right. Hopefully someone will sue them and we will be able to delete our messages at last!!!

Maksim10
Level 1
Twentynine Palms, CA

I would also like to see a function added to perma-delete old messages

I think one should be able to delete messages; there is no reason unused messages will fill in either the regular message stack or the archive stack.

Lee394
Level 2
Emu Point, Australia

You can't! Its a bloody joke! FACELESS corporations like to 'OWN' your information and PRIVATE conversations!!!!