How can I find profiles for other guests besides the one that made the reservation?

Jocie0
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

How can I find profiles for other guests besides the one that made the reservation?

Hello!

I am hosting 3 young men this coming weekend. The one that made the reservation has not stayed in an airbnb before, but his friend has. Is there a way to view his friends profile page and see his reviews??

Thank you!

15 Replies 15
Donna37
Level 5
Gourhel, France

You would have to askfor the name and the location where he stayed I think. Don't know of any other way to check a profile unless they book directly with you. Anyone have any other ideas, I would be happy to learn also.

Thanks Donna. I got the names of the other guests because I thought I would be able to search on the site...but I don't think it's possible. It would be great if all guests had to verify their identity! 

I have been asking Airbnb for ages to provide hosts with the names of EVERY guest.If you live in the home, your security is paramount.

Since Airbnb asks guests for the name of each guest when they book, why can't they provide hosts with this information?  I do ask my guests for the name of the other person they are travelling with but it would be nice if I didn't have to ask. I have only had one guest refuse to give me more information and I was uncomfortable since her "profile" was a BEACH and she was asking questions that were quite clear on my listing (and the English was very bad for someone from England so something seemed "off").

This is what Airbnb said 18 months ago: Guests are now encouraged to have a profile with a clear photo of their face, and required to have verified contact information. 

When I asked this guest for more information and a picture, she refused and I was happy that she decided to go elsewhere.

Until Airbnb change this policy, all you can do is email your booking guest and ask for this information.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Jocie0

At the moment it's not yet possible to do that, though Airbnb had been talking about introducing a new group linking of profiles for such bookings.

I hope you have chosen to accept only guests with verified ID.

I recommend that you do ID check (write down their ID nos.) upon check in. The fact that you have their ID nos. tends to make most guests more careful about trashing a place or creating some other problems because they're easier to trace.

Hotels register their guests too, and I thankfully have to do this according to my city's hospitality regulations anyway.

Do you live in the same house, or do you have neighbors to report to you if things get out of hand with the young men?

Could you be there for check out and go through the apartment with them before they leave? just in case...

Thanks Andrea, that's a great suggestion. I do require that guests have verified ID, but I wish everyone could be verified through the website. 

I will let my neighbours know about the group and vise versa.

Thanks for your help!

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Jocie0

Airbnb will have ID about the booking guest according to your requirements, but the 'verified' is best.

However, if more than 1 guest arrive, or if the booking guest had a profile in which they're not really recognizable, or a pet, a logo, or too far away, then without YOU checking ID upon arrival, it could theoretically be somebody simply acting as if it was them. And in case of damage, the booking person could say "oh, but it wasn't me staying, I booked for a friend". Then Airbnb would call it a 3rd person booking which isn't allowed.

Just saying - dot your T's and cross your I's. Guests are less likely to do funny stuff if they see that a host has precautions in place.

For ex. telling your neighbors to contact you asap if it gets noisy so that you can contact guests and **bleep** it in the bud shows you're on top of it too. And if guests don't heed, the police may be called. Give your neighbors permission to do that too if problem doesn't stop.

All part of responsible hosting.

Donna37
Level 5
Gourhel, France

Facebook?

I tried, but couldn't find them on facebook. Thanks Donna!

Jenna119
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Is it possible to search for guests/hosts before booking with them?

@Hoda5 this isn't customer support: this is the community forum for hosts. If you need to contact Airbnb, please see

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245

For all the ways you can do that. 

Rachel981
Level 1
North Caldwell, NJ

Hi all! So this is random but it’s gonna be my first time being a guest for a host of Airbnb and I’m just worried that it’s not legit and it’s a scam. How do I make sure?? Also I’m not gonna be able to find this page so if anyone has an answer just reply to my email - *sensitive information hidden*

thanks!

Americo18
Level 2
New Haven, CT

One way is to ask each guest to go to their Airbnb profile on a browser (not the app). The url will read something like this: airbnb.com/users/show/00000000

Have them send you either the url or the number at the end so you can enter it into your browser. So if their url ends with the number 12345678 you would enter airbnb.com/users/show/12345678 to view their profile.

Thank you!

Janet920
Level 1
Marrakesh, MA

I canny find ma profile - i dunno how to find it