How can I get a summary of the occupancy tax paid during 2017 by Airbnb to my local jurisdiction?

Hector110
Level 1
Arlington, VA

How can I get a summary of the occupancy tax paid during 2017 by Airbnb to my local jurisdiction?

Working with my taxes and need to know the status of the occupancy taxes Airbnb collected in my behalf.  THANKS!

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

The agreement Air BNB has with the occupancy taxing entities in the USA  does not include individual host information.  @Hector110  Air BNB remits the tax in a lump sum.  As for income tax preparation, since the tax was not income to you and therefore you did not pay it as an individual, it is not reportable.  In my case, I collect the tax required by my city so it is included in my gross income, I deduct the tax I remit to the City.

How do you collect it though? I thought it would be charged at booking and I don't see it

Laurie22
Level 2
Oakland, CA

"agreement Air BNB has with the occupancy TAXING ENTITIES in the USA"  I find it difficult to believe that every city and county in the USA are able to come up with the same agreement

Martha240
Level 1
Denver, CO

Has anyone gotten a tax report from AirBnB?  I have been on phone with "support" x5 and cannot get anyone to understand the issue and do something about it.     Do we think AirBnB is sending our tax payment without an address identifier or tax ID number?  What do the taxing entities do with this money?