How can I make the calendar keep bookings close together?

Jay1241
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

How can I make the calendar keep bookings close together?

Hi All. Here’s my issue.
I’m in LA and have gone to 30+ bookings per the new laws. It’s working out ok so long as I don’t have three empty weeks in between bookings.
For example: I have a move out on Jan 1. I don’t want a guest to book for Jan 25 which will leave almost the whole month empty and un-rentable. Can the calendar be configured to only allow check in between Jan 1 and Jan 7?
Thanks!

6 Replies 6
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Jay1241 from across the miles in Auckland, New Zealand, have a look at what's happening in Sydney, Australia where they are using "Grey areas" of the number of days laws ...use them to your advantage in Los Angeles to 😉

Use related keywords in the search box here and you should be able to find the article I posted the link to.

All the best

Central To All Home & Location

Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks Helen.  I'll check it out.  

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Yes, you can configure this using a ruleset.

- In a browser logged into Airbnb, go to your host calendar

- Select date Jan 8

- On the right, select Jan 31 end date

- Scroll down to Rule Sets->Add rule-set

- Select Check-in and checkout days->Customize

- Select all the days of the week under “Guests can’t check in on...” 

- Optionally, choose a name to save the ruleset under, like “Block Jan 8-31 check-ins”

- Optionally, choose a color for this ruleset

- Press Save

- Press Save again on the Selected Dates page

Now, no one should be able to check in from Jan 8-31 of the chosen year.  Test it as a guest by searching for your listing using one of the these dates as the start date.  For instance, using Jan 7 as a start date should display your listing, but using Jan 8 should not.

Thanks Pat.  I tried your idea and it worked well but with one hiccup.  It won't let me block every day of the week.  It required leaving one available.  I tried doing a second rule set for that one day but I don't think it allows two rule sets in place simultaneously.  

@Jay1241 Try doing what I said above, leaving Fridays free.  Then, create another ruleset with the maximum trip length set to 1 for that date range.  

Then, as a guest, try to reserve a month starting with any date in that date range.

This is a roundabout way to get around what I consider an Airbnb design flaw, but it seems to work.

Jay1241
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Thanks Pat271.  That is definitely the solution to the problem.  Well done.