How can I send a message to all previous guests?

Answered!
Jonathan47
Level 6
Cuglieri, Italy

How can I send a message to all previous guests?

It is a good idea to be able to send a Christmas card to previous guests. But I would like to keep up more than so with my previous guests. For example: I write a blog about our house and the surrounding area. When I have written a new item, I would like to send it to our guests so that they know something new has happened or been discovered. It encourages them to return. So why not create a permanent possibility of sending messages to all guests at the same time. Once one gets up to a hundred or so guests, it becomes laborious to go throw all past reservations and paste a message.

1 Best Answer

Well, it is not marketing to guests directly, but through Airbnb. By not making it possible, they force hosts to market directly.

View Best Answer in original post

26 Replies 26
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Jonathan47,

I am not sure if you know this but once the reservation is confirmed, you can ask the guest for their email address and Airbnb messaging does not block it.  This way you can collect the email addresses of your guests and then send out your blog that way.

You might also want to share what you wrote via Airbnb's feedback form: https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

All the best in 2017 @Jonathan47!

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks! Good tip. But it would still be good if Airbnb could provide the
service via the website.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why would they?

They don't want you to be able to market to guests directly.

If you want to collect contact details - just ask guests for it and put it in a spreadsheet.

Well, it is not marketing to guests directly, but through Airbnb. By not making it possible, they force hosts to market directly.

This is very short sighted. I prefer to always book through Airbnb, but, sometimes I need or want to contact prior guests. This is one of many frustrating ways that Airbnb operates.

Right now I have an inquiry from a person that was part of a group of guests from two years ago. We have had many bookings where the guests just flat out lied about their intentions for the house. I want to make sure this is not one of them. No easy way to do this...

I'm almost sure I got a message from Airbnb early this year explaining how to send a year-end message to previous guests. I can't find it now. Does anyone else remember seeing this?

One can send seasons greeting with standardised choices of words and pictures. It's ok, but not quite what I had in mind to encourage guests to return.

Thank you! I still can't find that functionality. Can you tell me where that feature is, so I can have a look?

@Angela66

It only appears once a year in run up to Christmas 🎄 

Funny that - I've never seen it!

Richann0
Level 4
Dunnellon, FL

This is exactly what I'd like to do through Airbnb, as well. Hence, that's why I searched for a solution and ended up here. Me too, I now delightfully have pages and pages of previous guests over the last couple of years, and I'd love to send them out a message, now and again, at least more than just for Christmas, to give them updates, remind them I'm still here and expanding, and even events coming up in the future in my local area. What a great idea hey? I think that I'll suggest this to Airbnb. Likely, I'm not the first, but if they know many of us would like this option and why they'll add it.

If guests like your place, they will try to book you the next time they are in the area and recommend you to friends....they have your info in their Abnb records. If they are not returning to the area, they probably dont need mutiple emails marketing the space.  A Holiday greeting is more than enough unsolicited communication. 

I stayed in a charming boutique hotel in Miami a year or so ago and had to unsuscribe from their unsolicited periodic 'updates'.   As a host, I have had a few return guests,  They like the place and book their future trip before they leave usually.   Others will never be back in Nashville and Idont need to bug them.

Just saying.

Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

@Amy38

True. Why would a host send unsolicited marketing emails? As a guest I would hate that kind of emails and first thing first I would look for the "unsubscribe" button! 

Lisa377
Level 2
South Padre Island, TX

But if you're running a special, your past guests might want to know about it. That's why I'd like to see this option.