How can i get multiple condo units with license in vancouver

Garlen1
Level 2
Miami Beach, FL

How can i get multiple condo units with license in vancouver

I have seen host in vancouver downtown.  having multiple condo unit with license policie # . to follow the rules and regulations of the city of vancouver. What is the method to apply. To follow the laws and expand my market by the rules. Im 1 year experienced. And that market has always been interested me. But the strata laws as been putting big brakes in my investment planning further more in this area. Do i need to be operating as an business entreprise or non-profit organization? I think iv seen even business entreprise is not allowed to get multiple unit licensed. Its all very confusing. Maybe there is loophole. That follow the reglementations. 

4 Replies 4
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Garlen1

Have you found a way to do this since you last posted, or do you need more help? 

It might be worth checking if there is a local Host Club near you, as local Hosts might have more advice on this specific question. 

Thanks, 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi, @Emilie  i have look with vancouver host that as multiple listing and whenever i msg them they seem to see me as a treat, for there business. Competition wise view point. They answering me very aggresively and rude.  None of them wanted to help out a bit. Thats why i have put my questioning in the community. And even there. I dont have much response from my fellowshiping of vancouver

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why do you feel you can operate as a not for profit if your aim is to be a large scale STR operator?

You need to look at the Vancouver hover website for details of its STR policy 

Hi, @Helen3  the vancouver regulations mention only primary residence will be receiving a police #  to operate in the city. So i will be allow to have only 1 Airbnb there. If i want more i guess the only option i can see is to do Arbitrage with someone to rent and have everything under their name and i would manage their property under my airbnb profile. I guess.  This was my inquiries i wanted to make sure. About it