How did SchoolKeep get connected to my account?

Nina-and-Jonathan0
Level 1
Aeugstertal, Switzerland

How did SchoolKeep get connected to my account?

I just found a connected app called "SchoolKeep" - any idea how this became connected with my account?  I suspect I might have authorized it under a different name, but don't recognize SchoolKeep.

6 Replies 6
Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

Looks like its a training platform used by AirBNB and others.  

https://www.schoolkeep.com/

Did you do any oneline training? 

Andrew

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Damir0
Level 10
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

It's used by Airbnb to educate hosts (beta) on home sharing and hosting best practices. I tried it and it's kind of cool. Might be useful for new hosts. I hope they'll offer more advanced training or offer a more comprehensive knowledge base in the future.
Wherever you go, there you are.
Farul0
Level 1
Malacca, Malaysia

Hi there.. I recently noticed that this app is connected to my account. May I know:

1) Can I safely remove this app? What will be the consequences?

2) What is the benefits of having this app connected to my airbnb account?

3) I registered my airbnb account this month, but the connected apps shows it was connected last month. How is this possible?

4) Will there be any performance impact to my account if I choose to remain "connected" to this app?

Thank you in advance for your reply 🙂

Regards.

I found the same connection, happened 7 days ago, whilst my account is years old. I have never - ever - registered myself with SchoolKeep, nor I had heard of it until 5 minutes ago.

I found about it because somebody entered my Airbnb profile and used it to publish an highly priced, immediate booking, hosting listing, connected with a paypal account.

The dude didn't change my password, though, which makes me think they hadn't gotten hold of it in the first place  - or else they would have used it to change it and kick me out of my account.

What I suspect, thus, is that somebody found a way to break into Airbnb by other means, probably through SchoolKeep itself.

Please, watch for "strange" entries in the recent account logins list of your account, which you can find in the security section of your account settings. Mine shows two suspect accesses.

The list you see is more a list of allowed apps by AirBnB and you.  You can add some and AirBnB can add them.  This doesn't mean they are on your system, per se.  It generally means that these apps are allowed to look at your data.  I applaud AirBnB for doing this since most software providers and interface providers wouldn't do this to avoid hostile reactions.  Mamy don't ask questions, but simply go negative.  Seriously not an issue, well, at this point.  Any vendor can go crazy.

Alex284
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

I just find out as well.

If anyone knows why and if we should stay connected to this app I guess we will know here.

I will follow this post.

Thank you,

Alex

Alex Viloria Jr
Airbnb Montreal CoHost
alexanderviloriajunior@gmail.com