How did my listings disappear?

How did my listings disappear?

For nearly two years, I had no problem keeping my Air BnB booked all the time. I have two listings in one home. After the expected wintertime slump, my listings never came back to life. I am lucky, really lucky, to have one room booked at any given time. June is a great time for tourism in New York, and yet I only have two short bookings for the month. I honestly don't understand what happened. Air BnB was a major part of my being able to remain in my home in the face of rapid gentrification. Now I'm struggling mightily, to put it gently. If you have any idea how or why this happened, I would dearly love to know.  (There was one horrible review this winter, which was factually inaccurate and, I believe, vengeance for my intervening on an hourslong group shower in a shared bathroom, but otherwise I don't know how I could have fallen off the map.)  And any advice would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you so much, Marisha

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

hello @Marisha0 

I think there is much more competition now. Searching for "Brooklyn" gives initially 300+ listings. You have two listings in your profile, which seems to be two rooms on the same address, but i can find only the "adorable"room (without filtering) when searching/zooming in on the map. The "cosy" is not showing up, even at maximum zoom.

Also your homepage seems not to work (at least at my side): https://www.airbnb.com/users/84141923/listings

So maybe investigate these problems.

You could promote your listings via Social media, websites etc. 

(If the homepage works), otherwise use the direct links to the listings:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14283546

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14041447

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Kristijana1
Level 2
Split, Croatia

You should change your password and check the list of devices that had access to your account. If you find a suspicious device disable it immediately. This should help.

Hi @Marisha0!

I am having the same problem, and have spent a lot of hours this weekend trying to update, and promote my listing on different platforms.

Like you, my space is also a big source of income for my husband and I, so it’s frustrating as to why the bookings have stopped...even with Superhost status, 5 Stars, all positive reviews, and a quick response rate. I’m at a loss of what else I can do.

All that to say, fiddling around with my profile (tweaking the price, promoting it on different social media sites, etc) has helped gain more traffic, and has given me at least 1 booking. Maybe start there?

If anyone has more ideas as to what to do, that would be helpful!

-

Stephanie

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Marisha0 hi I looked at your listings.....and I will be honest....it would be confusing to newbies on here. they look the same..I would get rid of the teddy bear, and vintage doll and throws. Just my opinion. those are very child like and owned by a small group of folks in the south many of our grand mas made them and now they are found in every yard sale for next to nothing. So what may seem valuable and vintage in other parts of the country are considered cheap and childish in the deep south. Sorry!. I am not being mean here, just trying to assist you with the answer to your question. I wouldn't have my thumbnail/ cover shot that collage- One of your listings has terrific reviews, and the other not so swell, some of it is peoples language abilities, I think, but it still reads less than shining. I might delete one of the listings and see what happens.

Also, it is a fact that we need to go in on our account and change up stuff really often, change /block, add or adjust a price, just do something on your account....it helps push your listing up the pages. I tested this and it is true. So if we just let our account sit dormant for weeks, it also kinda goes dormant. Make it busy....add a photo....move a photo, change your wording on a photo, on your description, just do something on it every day and see how that helps out. Let us know. Happy Hosting, Clara 

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Stephanie-and-Johnny0 Hi ...your place looks so sparkling clean......I love the open plan and the look......ONE thing I would do immediately to gain bookings. New photos with added Large Wall Art/ you can get great stuff at thrift stores/ estate sales, etc.....big colorful- those bare walls are screaming for it. also your thumbnail/cover shot with wall art color / and a rug under the little table would make a big one. Please you only need one shot of the bathroom- and the bedrm #2 shot is not very helpful . the angle is all wrong and it is NOT inviting......less is more if they are good shots. People take 8 seconds to flip thru pics and if they don't pop with color, something they do NEXT. Stop them with color, interest! That's my take on it since you asked. Hope this is helpful somehow......Best & Happy Hosting. Clara

Thanks @Clara116! I actually just spoke to a home photographer yesterday about that very thing! And thanks for the advice about updating the look, it takes me a loooong time to pick out art and rugs, and I’ve had every intention to put things up, but just can’t make up my mind. Ha, guess I just need to bite the bullet and do it!