How did you find your property manager?

Liz628
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

How did you find your property manager?

Hi there!

I have been an AirBnB host since 2016 in the Los Angeles area.  I've recently expanded into the realm of managing a few properties, and I'm curious as to how other hosts have found their property managers and services?

How do you begin the search for  management of your property and what are some other things you consider while looking for a property manager?

If you own AirBnB's out-of-state from where you live, how did you approach the management situation when you began listing your property?

I've been waiting for the day that the AirBnB platform allows a "Services" listing area, where hosts can similarly hire specific people for specific needs of their property (likened to the way they used their Co-Host platform when it existed broadly) -- but I have been unfortunately waiting to no avail.

Any suggestions or recommendations is incredibly appreciated!

I hope your are all weathering this crazy year and are healthy and sound!

Liz G

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Liz628 

It's against the terms of this community to use it to promote your services.

The best way to understand how to promote your services is to carry out market research to understand who your target market is, what you can offer that is different/better than your competitors and use this information to develop a marketing/PR plan and identify a budget to develop your marketing channels and activities such as social media platforms, website, online advertising etc.

@Helen3 Call mea cynic (again) but I think @Liz628 never wanted to get feedback on how to advertise her services but rather just used the post to do so.

I could be wrong of course.......but I am not

@Mike-And-Jane0 No, you are in fact wrong, I was truly looking for advice for the best way to solicit my services outside of the platform -- and was told that the AirBnB Community Center was a "safe space" to do so.

@Helen3 thank you for your post and advice.  I do appreciate it.  I've tailored my original posting to hopefully fall in compliance with AirBnB's Terms and Services, if not, please let me know and I can remove it entirely and start another thread where I can hopefully generate conversation around the topic I'm seeking advice for.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Liz628  There are so many people who want to offer co-hosting services and a lot if hosts that are looking for co-hosts, that there was recently a thread you might search for where just such a section here be created- a place for those offering and those requesting could connect without littering the discussion forums with this.

Andrew2301
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Yes  - I agree that Airbnb needs to have a "services" area where people can advertise Airbnb related services. Some of us actually need service providers, and it would be very helpful to be able to find them in a specific section. I understand this is not it. There is no reason why there should not be somewhere else!

HI @Liz628  my name is Saul, 

I run a small but productive Airbnb Cleaning service, we take pride in being easy to work with and getting the job done quick. Most of all we offer affordable rates for the service, please "@" in response if yourself or anyone you know may be in need of our services, thank you !