How do I add additional services for a fee?

Morgan4
Level 1
Portland, OR

How do I add additional services for a fee?

I Airbnb my live-in music studio. An individual whom I have hosted for in the past would like to book a three-day weekend and pay extra for the use of the grand piano and drums in the Airbnb space for recording purposes while here.  I would like to accept an additional $100 for the use of the instruments for the weekend.  It follows, I am wondering if there anything wrong with accepting additional payment for musical instrument rental?  And if Airbnb approves, how would Airbnb prefer that I collect this extra income for musical intrument rental?  Should I increase the three-day weeked rate by $100. Or, should I collect the additional income beyond the purview of Airbnb?  Other ideas?

I respect Airbnb. It follows, I will be quite happy to agree to any direction you might have for me on the matter.

Many thanks!

Morgan

11 Replies 11
Matt26
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Hey Morgan,

In the community you won't get a response from Air BnB, instead you'll get responses from other users (like me). If you charge the fee inside Air BnB, you will be subject to Air BnB's 3% service fee. Since the additional services are not really tied to Air BnB, I'd recommend charging them outside of the system.

If you do want to charge inside Air BnB, just send your guest a special offer (found on the left side) of your message history with the guest. Be sure to manually add in any cleaning fees, since the system doesn't automatically add them when it's a special offer.

(if you like my post, please click thumbs up!)

Thank you for your response. It was helpful, however, I am still wondering if the additional fee for something outside the rental amount subject to the 6-12 percent service fee?  Such as the cleaning fee. Does my add on for $50  appear as much more to the renter?

@Marleen7  Any amounts included in the Special Offer a subject to Airbnb service fees.  Amounts requested through the Resolution Center are not.

Tiffany-Cheri0
Level 2
Portland, OR

Hey Morgon

Matt's response is 100% true. We send special offers with additional "pet fees" as it is not streamlined into the system yet.  

But, rumor has it the CEO has a pet project coming that will allow for more "experiences" that hosts can offer and recieve payment for through a new platform. I'm so excited! I take people on bike brewery tours, hiking, rafting the river trips and restaurants all the time. It will be nice to have the discussion through Airbnb ahead of time!

Cheers

Tiffany Cheri 

Portland, OR

Tiffany,

I'm new to the Airbnb community. So excited. Is there a way to add charges for some of the extra services you provide (river rafting, etc)?

Deborah190
Level 2
North Creek, NY

I tried to send a guest, who has a reservation, a special offer and Airbnb said the dates weren't available and won't let me proceed.  The dates aren't available because the guest has made the reservation.  I want to add an additional fee for linens.  How do I get around this obstacle?

Hey Deborah,

I may be late to answer to your question but I will give it a try anyway.

So the booking is already confirmed right ? In this case, in order to add fees, you have to choose the option that says "modify the booking" and then add the extra fee to the total price. Not sure about the name of the button inEnglish as mine is in Portuguese here in Lisbon, but you get the idea.

If you chose the button "send a special offer" which is on the left, down the message page, it actually allowed you to invite the guest to make another booking. Therefore, it is correct to say that the dates are already booked since it takes in account the first booking of your guest.

I hope I could help you !

All the best,

Stéphanie

Scott-W0
Level 2
Austin, TX

Morgan,

I know this is from a couple years ago and I'm way late to the party. How did you resolve this? Do you still allow others use of your studio?

If so, how do you advertise it to them on AirBnB's platform? I see no options for ticking boxes for musical extras.

Thanks! 

Tawny3
Level 2
Livermore, CA

You go to the resolution center and "request more money" fromnthe guest. The guest will have to authorize it and once they do you will get paid. You can do it within 14 days before their arrival but not before that time period. Do not add it to the nights stay or abnb will take their cut from it and you won't get the full $100. We've done lots of these transactions for extra services. 

Charles67
Level 1
Killen, AL

Where can I verify that my requested funds for extra services was paid?

Ros46
Level 2
Hawaii, United States

Can anyone tell me if Is Air bnb's processing fee for a more money request still 3% ?