How do I become a co-host to help my father-in-law list his property?

How do I become a co-host to help my father-in-law list his property?

MY father in law has a lovely ski condo he would like to list, but as he is elderly, all things internet overwhelm him. My husband and I have decided to help him list his property and manage it for him. I thought I had set everything up but I can not confirm my phone number with the account I set up as it is linked to MY Abnb account for renting. 

How do I set up as a co-host? Where can I find the info I need to do this?

2 Replies 2

@Frank1622   Since listings can't be transferred between primary hosts, you have two choices:

a)  Help your father-in-law set up his own account and create a new listing with himself as the primary host. The follow these instructions to add you as co-hosts: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1244/adding-cohosts-to-your-listing

b) If you have the full consent of your father-in-law to leave you in full control of the listing and payments, you and your husband can remain the primary hosts of the property (Airbnb does not require that the hosts be the actual homeowners). I'd recommend making it legal with a contract designating you as the property managers in his employ, both for tax purposes and for your protection in any disputes that might arise with family members.

Have you ever considered bringing in a professional management company to help your father in law? That way the stress is off him and you both.