How do I contact Airbnb

Mike55
Level 3
Cairns City, Australia

How do I contact Airbnb

I know this topic already exists but I just want to show my disgust at the lack of (zero) customer service.  This lazy company want to have the community solve all their problems while they rake in the millions.  Not good enough.

I am about to be penalised bcausue i cannot decline a guest request on time.  Actually I am clicking "decline" but it is not working.  Wheres the help???

54 Replies 54
Deborah103
Level 4
New York, NY

They are very helpful.  You just have to call them up at 1-855-424-7262.

Mike55
Level 3
Cairns City, Australia

Thanks Deborah.  I assume this is a US number.  We don't all live in the USA.

Where do they publish a list of contact phone numbers or email address?

Nearly every commercial web site has a "Contact Us" link somewhere on the page.

Google baby! 🙂

airbnb australia phone number

It will come up

Mike55
Level 3
Cairns City, Australia

Or not....

The URL given on Google is

https://www.airbnb.com.au/help/contact
or
https://www.airbnb.com.au/help/contact-us

Both redirect you to a useless page about contacting your recent hosts.  and a link to this community help.

As i say - Airbnb have gone to extrordinary lengths to hide their contact details. What can we deduce from this???

When I google "Airbnb phone number Australia" I get the following:

+61 2 8520 3333

Local Numbers
United States +1-415-800-5959 +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)
Argentina+54 11 53 52 78 88
Australia+61 2 8520 3333
Austria+43 72 08 83 800
Brazil+55 21 3958-5800
29 more rows
Mike55
Level 3
Cairns City, Australia

Thanks Kelly.  You have answered my question on the phone number. But did you try the links?

I think my point is still valid - what type of company goes to such lengths to hide their contact details?

Every tech-bro company out there unfortunately 😞

I get your frustration. And Airbnb does hide the number. But hey, Uber and Lyft do not even HAVE a number. It is not possible to call them. And try to call Facebook. Or Google. 

Now, if it were up to me, I would have a law that any company over a certain size that does business with the general public must have a phone number to customer service, with specified maximum wait times. But it isn't up to me. 

See that little "search for anything..." box in the upper right, search for the Community Help to Contacting Airbnb.

All the ways to contact Airbnb and the steps to do so properly are there. 

Don't want to be rude...but have you actually tried this before posting it as a solution.  It is useless.  Here is what happens.  Search for "Contact Airbnb" and the following comes up.  The link to "visit our contact page" goes nowhere, and the suggestion to try "sending a message" is irrelvant because I need to contact the company.  My point stands - this company has made no effort at all to provide customer service details.

How do I contact Airbnb?

To talk with someone from Airbnb, visit our contact page and select the issue you need help with. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Most hosts and guests are able to work out reservation-related issues on their own. If you have a reservation-related issue, try sending a message to your host or guest first. This is often the quickest way to resolve problems that come up before, during, or after your stay.

We do our best to keep our phone lines open for people with urgent situations. If you need to call us, use the local phone number included in your original reservation confirmation email, or click Urgent after you select your issue on our contact page.

View this article in the Help Centre 

Nitzan2
Level 1
Pardes Hanna-Karkur, Israel

Agree. Really frustrating. I moved to VRBO.

Mike55
Level 3
Cairns City, Australia

Thanks Nitzan.  I have looked at their site.  One thing I noticed was a very prominent yellow "Contact Us" button for 24 hr phone and email support.

I think i will list with them.

Mary224
Level 1
Coolangatta, Australia

Hi Mike

I am wanting to contact Airbnb re a guest needing to change a booking date.

OK with me but when I hit Accept nothing changes on my calander.

Did you have any luck contacting them?

Mary

Mike55
Level 3
Cairns City, Australia

Hi Mary

Isn't it frustrating when things don't work as they should and there is no official help.  Apparently the Aus contact number is +61 2 8520 3333 but I did not try it because I solved the problem myself.

PS The solution to my problem was to try another bowser.  For some reason the buttons would not work poroperly in Chrome.

Mike

Hosts should not have to work out reservation or especially money related matters, with their guests.  Why is Airbnb taking money off hosts ? Isn't this their job?