How do I deal with guests that have cancelled accidentally then arrived

Denise788
Level 1
Keady, United Kingdom

How do I deal with guests that have cancelled accidentally then arrived

How do I deal with guests that cancel accidentally then arrive not knowing that Airb'nB have cancelled them?

I hosted the guests as I wouldn't leave them on the street obviously but how do I reclaim my original payment that they are happy to pay forward?

Thanks Denise

4 Replies 4
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Denise788 

Can the guests not make another booking with you via the platform?

Without a confirmed booking, you have no protection from Airbnb in the event of a problem, and no way of getting paid for hosting these guests.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Denise788call Airbnb immediately. How does a guest "accidentally cancel"? It sounds like a scam to me. If Airbnb was the one to do the cancelling, there could be a very good reason you don't want to host them. I wouldnt let them check in until you get this sorted out. 

Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

@Denise788  Hi, are your guests still there? I agree with @Alexandra316 call Airbnb asap.  It's very suspicious that they accidentally cancelled. I hope you haven't been scammed by these people.

Hilary79
Level 8
Spokane, WA

I had a guest who accidentially cancelled their reservation.  When I followed up with her sharing that I'm sorry that they cancelled and hoped they'd consider staying with us in the future, she was shocked to learn about the cancellation.  She rebooked the reservation so mistakes do happen.   

Yes, contact ABB immediately.   

Best of luck with this situation!  Please let us know how it was resolved.